The Android platform brings various in-built features and capabilities, all being created for ensuring a great user experience. In that matter Android is the most appreciated operating system available for portable and touch based devices. Now, if you want to learn how to properly use your Android based Motorola Moto X, then you should check a few tips and tricks; since we have already showed you how to hard reset, enter recovery, update and even unbrick your Moto X, now it’s time to teach you how to make screenshots on your smartphone.
Taking a screenshot on your Motorola Moto X is quite important and probably at some point you will want to share something from your device with your friends. Or maybe you will want to explain what’s wrong with your phone and then you will be able to screen capture an error message or an alert that is displayed on your Moto X. The reasons might be various, so it really doesn’t matter when or why you will need to make a screenshot on your Motorola Moto X as the best is to know how to do it.
Sine we are talking about an Android smartphone, you should know that the proper operation is quite general as it can be applied on any smartphone or tablet. So, in order to take a Moto X screenshot you will have to use the hardware buttons of your device. But, in addition to that I will also show you how to make a screen capture by using a third party app that is available on Google Play. These procedures are official and root access isn’t required so you have nothing to worry about; just follow and test the guidelines from below.
How to Take Moto X Screenshot
Use a combination of hardware buttons
- Go to the screen where you want to apply this operation.
- Now, just press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time.
- Wait until your screen flickers; also the capture sound will be there.
- Release the buttons and slide down the notification panel.
- There should be displayed your screen capture – it can also be reached on your phone’s Gallery.
Use a third party app
- If you want to try a similar method by using a dedicated app from Google Play then you should try QuickMemo.
- Download the tool from here and install the same on your device.
- Then slide down the notification panel when you want to take the screenshot on your Moto X.
- The QuickMemo icon will be there.
- Tap on the same and that’s it, you are done.
Congratulations, you have learned how to take a screenshot on your Motorola Moto X. If you have questions or if you want to learn other essential tips related to your Moto X, don’t hesitate and share your thoughts with us by using the comments field from below – we will assist you as soon as possible.