Bricking or damaging your HTC One Max might just happen, as there are many ways in which you can end up in soft or hard bricking your Android smartphone. Now, even though it’s not good to have a bricked device, the best is to know how to fix the problems and how to restore your HTC One Max to its initial state. So, if you have managed to damage your phone, follow the guidelines from below and try to fix your bricked HTC One Max by using some dedicated methods.
What do we understand when talking about a bricked HTC One Max? Well, basically, you can soft or hard brick your Android smartphone. The soft brick can be easily fixed, while on the other side, if you have hard bricked your phone, then probably you will have to take your One Max back to service – only if the methods from below aren’t helpful for you in any matter. Now, the usual problems might be the following ones: you can’t turn off / on or restart your device, the handset is stuck in a boot loop, it can boot into Android OS as it can’t get pass recovery mode, the phone runs with lags and bugs, you get force closes errors, the display freeze constantly and so on.
Now, all these problems can be fixed if the proper solution is being applied. Thus, by completing the guidelines from below you will be able to easily unbrick your HTC One Max. It’s important to know first, how you can end up in damaging or bricking your One Max. Unfortunately bad things are happening when you are performing unofficial procedures such as gaining root access, unlocking the bootloader, gaining S-Off, installing a custom recovery image, flashing a custom ROM firmware, overclocking the CPU and so on. Of course, when applying such operations the warranty of your device will get void.
Because of that, you won’t be able to take your handset back to service, as the official and technical assistance can be quite expensive. So, learning how to fix your bricked HTC One Max is a must have. Anyway, usually, each problem can be fixed with a dedicated method, so because of that, during the guidelines from below I’ve tried to explain various solutions that are compatible with your HTC One Max. So, if one method isn’t working for you, don’t panic and just try the next one. Finally, you should be able to fix all the issues that are damaging your Android device.
Good; but before heading to the proper tutorial you first have to prepare some things. I am talking about the essential pre requisites which are being listed below. Now, perform these tasks only if possible; for example only if you can use the phone’s menu and if you can download and install apps on your device. Anyway, check the following list for further info on that matter.
- You should backup the data which is saved on the internal storage of your HTC One Max. Why? Well, basically because by completing the fixing methods you will end up in wiping the system of your smartphone.
- So, if possible, go to Google Play and download compatible and free distributed backup and restore tools.
- Use these tools and save everything you might need afterwards, including contacts list, call logs, market apps, personal data, info and accounts and so on.
- A computer will be required while your One Max and its USB cable should also be near you as a connection between your devices will have to be established.
- Also, on your computer you should temporarily disable the antivirus and any other security protection, because these kinds of tools might interfere with some procedures from below.
- The best will be to enable USB debugging on your device – only if possible. In order to do so, just go to menu – settings – developer options.
- Another thing to do is to charge your HTC One Max. You shouldn’t fix your bricked smartphone without ensuring that there is enough battery life remained – at least 60% power left, if not plug in the charger.
- Do note that the steps from below are compatible with the HTC One Max; so fix your bricked Android device by using the next tutorial only if you own the mentioned smartphone, as else you will end up in messing things up.
How to Unbrick HTC One Max
Make a Hard Reset
Usually, with a hard reset you can resolve most of the problems – the issues that can be fixed with a hard reset might be the following ones: bugs, lags, force closes errors, boot loops, the screen freeze and lot more. Thus, don’t hesitate and complete this operation in order to check if you can easily fix your bricked HTC One Max.
Fix Boot Loop issues
In addition to the hard reset procedure, you can choose to follow the list from below. By using this method you can fix boot loop problems. These issues might be the result of an update, so if you are experiencing a boot loop on your HTC One Max, don’t panic and apply:
- Turn off your smartphone.
- Enter recovery mode.
- Select “wipe data factory reset”.
- Go back and select “wipe cache partition”.
- Return to main menu of recovery, choose “advance” and pick “wipe dalvick cache”.
- From recovery then select “reboot system now” and you are done.
How to Install Stock Android OS on HTC One Max
- If you can’t manage to fix your device by using the steps from above try to install stock Android OS by using this, or the following solution.
- Now, on your computer download the Android firmware from here.
- Connect your phone with your computer and transfer the downloaded file from computer to the SD card.
- Unplug the USB cord.
- Enter your One Max in recovery mode.
- Select “install zip from SD card” and “choose zip from SD card”.
- Pick the Android firmware and install the same.
- Then from recovery wipe the system and clear cache and you are done.
How to Manually flash Android OS and downgrade HTC One Max to stock Android software
- Another way in which you can install the stock Android firmware on your HTC One Max is by using this last method.
- On your computer install the HTC One Max drivers.
- Then also install Android SDK – for Windows check this guide while for MAC OS X / Linus use this tutorial.
- Now, go to the folder where you have installed fastboot – it should be the same folder as Android SDK.
- From there open a command prompt window – press the Shift key and right-click on an empty area on the Windows Explorer, now select “Open command window here”.
- Ether your HTC One Max in fastboot mode and connect your handset with your computer.
- In the cmd window from your computer type “fastboot oem lock”.
- The bootloader will now be relocked.
- On your computer download ROM Update Utility (RUU) from this page.
- Install the RUU on your computer by following the on screen prompts.
- Also follow the instructions from RUU and just reinstall the Android OS on your HTC One Max (of course you will have to connect your phone with your computer for being able to do so).
- That’s all; your HTC One Max should boot right into Android OS, so you have fixed your bricked Android smartphone.
Good; this is our step by step guide that can be used for fixing the bricked HTC One Max. Now, if by using these methods you haven’t manage to unbrick your smartphone, share your problems with us by using the comments field from below and we will try to assist you as soon as possible. Also share your experience with our readers and with the users who are still trying to unbrick the HTC One Max.