Even though, unlocking and tweaking an Android device can be easily performed, at the same time you can also easily end up in bricking your smartphone or tablet, especially when applying unofficial operations. So, in case you have bricked your LG G Pro 2, you should read and apply the guidelines from this dedicated step by step guide. Why? Well, because I have described why are the easiest methods to perform when you want to fix a bricked LG G Pro 2 Android smartphone. Thus, don’t hesitate and check the lines from below for further details on this matter.
As mentioned, you can end up in damaging or bricking (soft or hard) your LG G Pro 2 easily and mostly when applying custom and unofficial procedures. So, try not to mess things up especially when performing operations like gaining root access, unlocking the bootloader, installing a custom recovery image, flashing a custom ROM firmware or applying a custom kernel. These are the basic custom procedures that are applied by almost all the Android users, so the most problems are related to the same.
Because of that, during the following lines I will show you how to resolve these issues. Do note though, that in case you have a hardware bricked Android smartphone, there is nothing you can do in order to fix your bricked G Pro 2. In your case you will have to take your phone back to service for official technical assistance, which unfortunately might be quite expensive. On the other hand, if you have performed a custom operation and you have lost the G Pro 2 warranty, now you can learn how to skip the service meeting, as by using this tutorial you can learn how to unbrick the LG G Pro 2 by yourself.
There are various methods to apply in order to resolve the problems, but I will explain only the most useful ones. Thus, these methods will fix problems like: boot loop issues, lags, bugs, force closes errors, or situations in which you can turn off / on your phone, you can’t use its menu or settings or when you can’t get pass the recovery mode menu. All these issues and lot others can be fixed by using the steps from below so don’t hesitate and check the same. Also, if one method isn’t working, don’t panic and just use the next one until you safely unbrick your LG G Pro 2.
But before heading to the proper steps, you first have to prepare some things. First of all, if possible, you need to backup the data which you have saved on the internal storage memory of your smartphone. After using the following steps all of your personal data, info and accounts will be erased, so the best will be to use suitable backup and restore apps from Google Play – also save your text messages, call logs, market apps, and everything else you might need afterwards.
Then, make sure that you can use a computer, your LG G Pro 2 and its USB cable. On the computer you will have to download and install a few things, so the best will be to temporarily deactivate the security protection, because programs like antivirus and antimalware might interfere with our work. Furthermore, if possible, on your phone go to menu – settings – developer options and enable the USB debugging option. The best will be to plug in the charger before doing anything else – charge your phone especially if there is less than 60% power left.
Do note that this tutorial is compatible only with the LG G Pro 2. Therefore, the steps from below should be used only for fixing the bricked G Pro 2 and not for any other reason – also, don’t follow this step by step guide if you own a similar or different Android device as you will end up in messing things up pretty badly.
How to Unbrick LG G Pro 2
Make a hard reset
Usually, you can easily fix the most common issues by choosing to make a hard reset on the LG G Pro 2. By applying this procedure you can remove bugs, lags and other problems that are on the internal storage and on the internal system of your device. Of course, all of your data will be wiped out, but you will be able to fix your bricked Android smartphone in a minute. So, before trying anything else, just make a factory reset and see if you can then use your device properly.
Resolve boot loop issues with ease
If after applying the hard reset you are still experiencing problems on your G Pro 2, or if your phone is now stuck in a boot loop, or if your device is constantly entering recovery mode instead of Android OS, try to apply the steps from below.
- Turn off your LG G Pro 2.
- Enter recovery mode on your phone.
- From recovery make a hard reset / factory reset and choose “wipe data factory reset”.
- Go back and select “wipe cache partition”.
- Then select “advanced” and pick “wipe dalvick cache”.
- Return to main menu of recovery and choose “reboot system now”.
If this isn’t fixing your bricked LG G Pro 2, then you must downgrade your smartphone to stock Android OS by flashing .kdz file as showed below.
How to install stock Android OS on LG G Pro 2 by flashing a KDZ file
- On your computer download the following files: the G Pro 2 USB drivers – from here, the KDZ firmware from this page, the KDZ_FW_UPD_EN extra file from here and the LGMOBILEAX package from here.
- Now first of all on your computer install the phone’s USB drivers.
- Then, unzip KDZ_FW_UPD_EN and install the B2CappSetup program from the unzipped folder.
- From the same folder install msxml.msi.
- Now, go to path C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX and remove all the files you find there.
- Unzip LGMOBILEAX on desktop and copy all files and folders that you unzipped to C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX.
- Open c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and just add 127.0.0.1 csmg.lgmobile.com.
- From the shttps folder start http.
- Furthermore, start Windows Enabler – turn it on.
- Select the UpTestEX_mod2_marwin program and pick the KDZ firmware file.
- Set emergency, 3gQCT and press “NORMALL WEB UPGRADE TEST.
- Now the firmware will be installed on your device.
Similar, you can apply the procedure from above up to step 6 and then perform the next steps (the result will be the same).
- Start Automatic Offline Procedure.vbs from KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.
- Select the KDZ file from the list that will be displayed.
- Pick Normal web upgrade test.
- Select Start.
- Pick Different country on the next window.
- The firmware will be now installed on your L G Pro 2.
Good job; those were the best methods to apply when having problems with your Android smartphone. Therefore, now you know how to easily unbrick the LG G Pro 2. Stay close as more dedicated tutorials will be developed for you and for your phone and also don’t forget about us and share your experience by using the comments field from below.