Tweaking your LG G2 is easy but unfortunately it is not always safe. If for example you are using guides that haven’t been previously tested you can end up in messing things up and also in damaging or bricking your Android smartphone. So, then you will find yourself in a delicate situation as you will have to unbrick the LG G2 by yourself – you can’t take your phone to service since you have applied an unofficial procedure as the warranty has been void. Because of that I have decided to develop this dedicated tutorial which can easily teach you how to fix a damaged or bricked LG G2.
Now, during the guidelines from below you can find several ways that can be used for repairing your Android device. So read all the lines and see which procedure to apply in your case. You have it all detailed here so don’t hesitate and check it all out. Do note that in case your device is severe damaged and you cannot apply the steps from below for unbrick it, the only solution you can take is the one where you go with your LG G2 back to service for technical assistance – but let’s hope you don’t have to do so.
You can say you have a bricked LG G2 when your phone can’t be used in normal way. For example you notice that you device runs with lags, there are numerous bugs, the screen and the apps freezes constantly, the battery drain fast, your phone gets stuck in a boot loop, it always boot in recovery mode and so on. These problems might happen due to various reasons but in most of cases the users are experiencing issues after performing operations like gaining root access, unlocking the bootloader, updating with a custom ROM firmware, installing a custom recovery image, flashing a custom kernel, overclocking the device, removing bloatware or in built programs and so on.
All the mentioned procedures are unofficial ones and when performing the same the warranty of your LG G2 gets void – because the binary flash counter will be increased. Now, if you end up in damaging or bricking your Android smartphone, you shouldn’t panic as you can use different methods that can repair your device. The best methods are being explained during the guidelines from below, so you are in the right place.
Before completing the steps from the proper guide, if possible save the data that is there on the internal storage memory of your LG G2. By applying the unbrick method all of your data will be erased, so you will lose your personal info, data and accounts along with contacts list, call logs, market apps, internet settings and so on. The best will be to use dedicated apps from Google Play, but as mentioned before only if you can use your smartphone; else you should skip this procedure as there is nothing you can do.
At the same time, you need to make sure that you can use a computer, your Android device and its USB cable. Now, on your computer it is recommended to deactivate the security protection as the antivirus or antimalware tools might interfere with our work. Moreover, you should charge your phone before doing anything else – plug in the charger especially if there is less than 50% power left, else you can skip this step. Also, remember that the procedures from below are compatible only with the LG G2 and with no other Android device. Furthermore, the steps have been tested only on the mentioned device, so the same will not work on any other smartphone or tablet.
How to Unbrick LG G2
Hard Reset LG G2
It is important to know that most of the problems can be resolved with a hard reset. Whether we are talking about lags, bugs or boot loops, a hard reset might be the perfect solution in which you can unbrick your LG G2. Of course, this method can be applied only if you can use the Volume Down and Power buttons of your device, or if you can enter your LG G2 in recovery mode. If not, you should then proceed to the next section of this step by step tutorial. Anyway, you can easily learn how to hard reset the LG G2 by using our dedicated tutorial.
How to fix boot loop issues
In case your smartphone is stuck in a boot loop you should try to wipe the system (factory or hard reset) and clear cache. A boot loop might happen after applying an official or custom Android update, or after flashing a pre-rooted firmware and so on. Anyway, learn how to unbrick your LG G2 by following:
- Enter your LG G2 in recovery mode.
- Then use the recovery mode and clear cache.
- In order to do so select “wipe cache partition”.
- Return to recovery menu and select “wipe dalvick cache”.
- Go back to main menu of recovery and select “reboot system now” in order to boot into Android OS.
- Don’t forget to make a hard reset too.
How to manually install stock Android OS on your LG G2
If the methods from above aren’t useful then you need to try to downgrade your Android smartphone to stock firmware; of course you will do it manually.
- First of all on your computer download the stock firmware for your device; thus from here get the Verizon ROM, from here the T-Mobile firmware and from here the software compatible with other variants of the LG G2.
- Also, on your computer download LG Mobile support tool – go to this page.
- Moreover, get the flash tool from here and the G2 USB drivers from here.
- Unzip the flash tool on your computer, preferable on desktop.
- Then install the B2CAppSetup.exe executable file.
- Use the same program and install the USB drivers.
- Enter your LG G2 in download mode (of course connect it with your computer via USB cable).
- From your computer run the UpTestEX.exe executable file.
- Now from the window that opens upload the KDZ file and set “3GQCT”, “DIAG”; also click on the “NORMALL WEB UPGRADE TEST” option.
- Open the pop up window dubbed as „read phone information” and click on the “Upgrade Start” button.
- On “Select Country & Language” choose Republic of Korea, select English as default language and proceed.
- Now the flashing procedure will start.
- In the end your phone will reboot automatically.
- Remove the USB cord as you are done.
Good job; hopefully now you have unbricked your LG G2. If you are still having problems with your phone, use the comments area from below and share the issues with us and we will assist you as soon as possible. Also share your experience with us and with other users who might have a damaged Android smartphone.