The LG Nitro HD P930 is a mid-range handset which, as you probably know, is having decent specs and performances. The Gingerbread version of the Android platform is running, so most probably you can be tempted to update its OS to Ice Cream Sandwich, though LG didn’t released the official firmware yet. But, installing unofficial software, beta updates or different custom ROMs into the system without knowing exactly what you are doing might damage, or even wreck the phone. So, if you somehow did something wrong on your LG Nitro HD P930, don’t worry, as I will teach you how to safely unbrick it.
This step by step guide is not an easy one, but as your Nitro HD is already wrecked, you have nothing else to lose. Just read the following and give it a try. Furthermore, if you follow the steps and do all as explained there are big chances to bring your phone alive once more. Remember that only its internal system isn’t working, so we have do to something to restore it to its “default setting”, or reset it. You can go to the service center for the same, but if the issue occurred while rooting, unlocking the bootloader or flashing a custom ROM, the warranty is void and you will have to pay for the service. So first try to complete this operation.
This procedure can be applied only for the LG Nitro HD P930 smartphone, meaning that you mustn’t try to unbrick other similar devices by following this how to guide; it will be in vain. Remember that bricked is the term which is used for the devices which doesn’t get turned ON even when the battery charge is left; if your phone is in the up mentioned state then you can continue reading this tutorial.
In order to be able to unbrick the LG Nitro HD P930 you will have to use a Window running computer where you will download and install several apps (you have the full list below along with the download link). Then, of course you need to have your phone and its USB cord. The tools you have to get are the following ones:
- Super One Click Tool
- LG P930 Drivers
- LG Nitro HD Firmware File
- Small HTTP Server (shttp3.zip & www.zip)
- V10F KDZ Package, boot.img
Now let’s begin unbricking your smartphone. Make sure you are completing all the lines from below. Don’t skip steps as you will not be able to succeed.
How to Safely Unbrick LG Nitro HD P930
- First download the tools from the above list on your computer.
- Then, install the LG P930 Drivers to the same.
- Open the folder of “LG Nitro HD Firmware File” and install the “B2CApSetup” app.
- Then, from the same folder install “shttp3.exe” and agree with the terms. Then select the “Update entry in main menu” and “Add to startup” options.
- From the programs downloaded go and run the “http.exe” executable and by right clicking (on the small server) choose “Server” and then “Settings”.
- Then tap on HTTP and on the “TCP / IP port for HTTP server” tab change the value into “9002” and then click “OK” to proceed.
- Return to the list of apps and unzip the www.zip file. Choose to place it in the folder C:/shttps/www.
- Make sure that the small server tool is running properly.
- Open notepad (Start -> run -> notepad) as administrator.
- Then through notepad open file hosts, which should be located on C:/Windows/System32/drivers/..
- In the end of the file just add the line: 127.0.0.1 csmg.lgmobile.com. Save it and then close the notepad window.
- Take your LG Nitro HD P930 and enter it in download mode by holding down the Volume Up button while connecting the device with the computer via the USB cord.
- Open the folder KDZ_FW_UPD_EN; from there click on UpTestEX_mod2_marwin.exe for running the same.
- Click on the folder icon and select “kdz file” followed by “V10F_00.kdz”. On the option that appear click on “CSE Web Upgrade Test”.
- Just tap on “Upgrade Start”. Then follow the prompts.
- Don’t disconnect the handset from the computer even if it reboots when the process is on 90%.
Congratulations, your LG Nitro HD P930 should now be unbriked. But we are not over yet; there are still some things you must take care of. Therefore follow the next steps:
- Disconnect the handset from the PC by removing its USB cable.
- Then go to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging” and enable the USB debugging option.
- Go the list of apps downloaded on the PC and install Super ONE Click. You will now root your handset.
- So, connect it with the computer.
- Run Super ONE Click and follow the prompts.
- Then, when ended, copy the files boot.img, recovery.img, firmware.img, baseband.img and system.img from the PC on your phone’s SD card.
- Return on the computer and click on Start -> run -> cmd for opening the command prompt window.
- In cmd enter the commands (in the exact order as showed) from the image:
- Finally, turn off the phone and reboot by holding the Power button and Volume Down until you see the option “Factory reset”.
- Double tap on the Power button for confirming and that’s it.
In the end the handset will reboot automatically. Now it will be running as it should. So, that was the how to procedure in which you could unbrick your LG Nitro HD P930 handset. Share with us the possible problems, but if somehow the process didn’t work, or if it was interrupted, you must restart from the beginning. Stay close for further guides.