The new Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 might be a high-end and extremely powerful device, but if you don’t know how to benefit from all this power, you will end up in wasting a lot of fun stuffs. So, when having such great device, it’s almost impossible to stay away from tweaks, customizations and optimizations. Why? Well, mainly because the hardware components will provide everything that is needed in that respect – so, shortly, you can try, test and run everything you want. However, for being able to try new stuffs, you first have to unlock the bootloader that runs on your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1.
The bootloader is a small program, or script, that is initiated on your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 by default. This program will run each time your smartphone will be booted, rebooted or switched off. The goal is to have a fully functional Android system as the bootloader will load the Android OS along with other essential features and start up processes from the ROM memory into the RAM partition. Shortly, your Zenfone Max Pro M1 cannot run at all if the bootloader isn’t initiated.
This small program is pre-loaded with different restrictions. These restrictions are added in order to limit unauthorized access and as you can tell, as long as the factory restrictions are there you cannot apply any tweaks, customizations and optimizations. Thus, if you want to go wild and experience a great Android UI, then you first have to unlock the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 bootloader; and as you can observe by checking the guidelines explained below, this can be easily achieved.
However, unlocking the bootloader of your Zenfone Max Pro M1 is not a process that’s supported by your OEM or by Google – and if it is (in some cases OEMs are providing unlocking codes for certain devices), you are still going to perform an unofficial operation. In a few words, there is a risk involved and it talks about losing your phone’s warranty – the warranty flag will be lost once the bootloader is unlocked (you have to relock it for regaining your Asus warranty).
Now, once the bootloader is unlocked you can finally start to customize and personalize your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1. And here are a few examples of custom operations that can be afterwards performed on your smartphone: you can install a custom recovery image such as CWM or TWRP recovery, you can remove bloatware, you can gain root access, you can install apps from other sources than Google Play, you can update your handset with custom ROMs like Lineage OS, AOKP or Paranoid Android, you can add custom kernels, you can flash custom MODs and you can even choose to overclock or undervolt CPU frequencies.
Anyway, before choosing to complete the steps explained below, it is recommended to save your personal files – during the unlock operation your files might get corrupted or a wipe might be applied. Thus, try to avoid such unpleasant situations and make a general backup on your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1. A backup process can be applied in different ways: you can choose to use built-in cloud storage services, you can go to Google Play and download dedicated backup and restore apps, or you can sync certain files with your Google Account. Either way, make sure you can secure your contacts, call logs, texts, images, videos, audio files, market apps, internet settings, calendar info, saved passwords, EFS folder, IMEI / NVRAM data and everything else that might be required afterwards.
A few other pre-requisites are also recommended, so before doing anything else, make sure you check the following list of tasks:
- A computer is needed as the unlock script must be downloaded and initiated there.
- Your smartphone and its USB cable are required too – a connection with your computer will have to be ensured at some point.
- On your Asus branded device you need to gain developer rights – for doing so navigate to About Phone and then tap repeatedly on Built Number, just until the ‘you are a developer’ message is returned.
- Then, on your Zenfone Max Pro M1 access Developer Options (just navigate towards Menu – > Settings – > Developer Options) and check the USB Debugging field.
- A minimum of 50% power should be left on your handset – verify that first; if different, don’t do anything else without plugging in the charger first. Do note that your smartphone can get soft bricked (malfunctions can be caused) if its Android OS gets switched off during the bootloader unlocking procedure.
- Of course, use the steps from this tutorial only if you own the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 as the unlocking toolkit offered below is compatible only with this particular Android based device.
How to Easily and Safely Unlock the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 Bootloader within 5 minutes
- Power on your computer and enable a WiFi connection.
- Then, open your web browser and navigate towards this page; from there download the unlock.rar package that’s available for your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1.
- Save this file on desktop if that’s possible.
- Unzip the unlock.rar package on your computer.
- Switch off your handset and reboot into recovery mode: long-press the Volume Down and Power buttons.
- In the meanwhile, connect your smartphone with your computer with the help of its USB cable.
- Access the folder where you unzipped the unlock package.
- There, run the unlock.cmd executable file.
- Wait while the script does its job.
- That’s all; the bootloader of your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 will be automatically unlocked.
- In the end, remove the USB cable and reboot your device.
Perfect; the steps from above should have guide you through the unlocking procedure that’s needed for setting the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 bootloader free. So, starting from now you can choose to initiate different other tweaks on your phone – gaining root is by far the most important one. Anyway, don’t forget about us and share your experience with our staff members along with other users who are already thinking in following the steps from above (you can get in touch with us easily by filling out the comments form from below).