Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 has recently been upgraded to Android 4.1.2 JB. Most users updated their phones and then decided to root them, which meant that they would void the warranty of their devices. That’s why I’ve created this post, for users to learn how to successfully un-root their devices easily to stock firmware and restoring their device’s warranty.
In order to learn how to properly un-root your phone, you will first have to read the preparation guide below. You will find important info on what you should do so that you will complete the unrooting process at your first attempt. Here’s what you need to know:
- Use the tutorial only for the Samsung Galaxy S Advance model number I9070. Don’t try to use the files in this post with any other smartphones.
- Also, the Galaxy S Advance has to be factory unlocked and carrier-unlocked.
- Make sure that your computer has the Samsung USB drivers installed. Without these you won’t be able to un-root the phone.
- Enable USB debugging option from the Android Devepers / Development menu.
- Create backups of all the files that are currently store don your device.
- In case you have any custom recovery installed on your device, then you should know that this guide will uninstall it.
- Make sure that your device’s battery has enough power left before switching off.
- This guide is for advanced Android users. Don’t try to use this tutorial in case you don’t know what you’re doing as you might end up bricking your phone.
- Note that we cannot be held responsible in case you lose any data or you brick the device. If you’re having problems un-rooting your Galaxy S Advance then you can ask for more help in comments.
Since you’ve read all of the above, I think that you should continue to the next part of this post and learn how to successfully restore your device to stock firmware.
How to unroot Samsung Galaxy S Advance on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean:
- Download this file from HERE. Save the file on your PC and after the download is complete you should extract its contents.
- Download ODIN 1.85 from HERE. Do the same actions as in step 1 and extract its contents.
- Power off your smartphone.
- Boot the phone into Download Mode now Volume Down, Home and Power, all buttons needs to be pressed simultaneously until an alert menu appears. Then, press Volume Up to confirm that you want your device to boot into Download Mode.
- Launch Odin exe from the Odin folder created in step 2.
- In Odin, click on ‘PDA’ and then browse your computer for the .tar.md5 file obtained in step 1. Load it into ODIN. Don’t change any default settings of ODIN and continue to the next step.
- Connect your smartphone to your PC using the USB data cable. ODIN should say that the device has been ‘Added!!’.
- Press the START button in ODIN after you’ve checked again all the steps. Wait for ODIN to complete the installation.
- When the un-root/ Android 4.1.2 stock firmware install process is complete, you will see the phone restarting. It will boot into normal mode and you can unplug the phone from PC. Also, ODIN will say “PASS”.
- That’s if, you’ve managed to successfully un-root your device and restore its warranty.
Now that you’ve managed to successfully restore your device to stock Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, you can enter your Google Account details and take control over its functions once again.
In case ODIN freezes or it says ‘FAIL’, then you will need to disconnect the phone from PC and remove its battery. Close ODIN and after that you should re-insert the phone’s battery and repeat the entire tutorial starting with step 4. This time you have to make sure that you read the entire post and not skip any steps in the process.
If you cannot complete the un-root process, then you can ask for more help in comments. Note that this guide can also be used as an installation / update guide of Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXLQB stock firmware.