The official Android 7.0 Nougat is now rolling out across Latin America for all the Samsung Galaxy A3 users.
In this post you can find instructions on how to update your smartphone manually without the need of waiting for Samsung to push the new official firmware over-the-air. These OTA Updates are being rolled out in stages, and it might take a while before it reaches all users.
For the update process you will have to use the ODIN 3.12.3 app. This is a small tool capable of flashing any new firmware updates easily without deleting any data from your device.
Check the following guidelines before starting the flashing process:
- this guide can be used only with the Samsung Galaxy A3 A310M models.
– the model number of your device has to be the SM – A310M.
– don’t use the tutorial for any other different devices.
- download and install on your PC the Samsung USB drivers.
- for ODIN tool to open and connect with your phone you need to install the USB drivers above, and to enable the USB Debugging from Developer Options.
- If Developer Options is not listed under Settings, then you have to go to Settings> About Device> Software Info and here you need to tap seven times on the Build Number section.
– return to Settings and Developer Options should now be listed there.
- if your phone runs a rooted, but stock firmware, then you need to know that root access won’t survive the update process.
– also, any custom Recovery you might have flashed will be replaced with a stock Recovery image.
- you can use Odin to install this new Android 7 Nougat Update over a custom ROM, but you have to Factory Reset the phone after the update is done.
– the Factory Reset wipes clean system partition, it removes the old custom ROM and it helps your device to boot in normal mode.
– Factory Resetting the phone will not delete any data from internal storage.
– the Factory Reset steps are listed at the end of this tutorial.
- check the entire tutorial and do not skip any steps.
- this guide has to be applied by advanced users only, we cannot be blamed in case you brick the phone nor in case you lose any data files.
Now that you’ve read all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post.
How to install Android 7.0 Nougat Update for Samsung Galaxy A3 2016 A310M:
- Download the Android 7.0 A310MUBU2CQE6 archive from here.
- When download is done you can unzip the contents.
You will obtain the A310MUBU2CQE6 tar.md5 firmware update file.
- Download Odin 3.12.3 zip from here.
– unzip the files and save them on your PC.
- Power off the device.
- Boot your phone in Download Mode.
- Open Odin 3.12.3 exe on your PC.
- Connect the device to PC via usb cable.
Wait until ODIN detects the Galaxy A3 phone.
– if the phone is not added you can reinstall the Samsung usb drivers.
- Next, go to Odin main menu and click the AP button.
- Find and load the A310MUBU2CQE6 in ODIN.
- Press START to begin the Android 7.0 Nougat update.
– don’t press any buttons until the update is done.
- When the update process is done you will see the PASS alert, and ODIN will reboot your phone.
Unplug the Galaxy A3 from computer and wait for first boot to complete automatically.
- Use your default login info in order to regain control over your PC.
I hope you’ve managed to complete the new update process. If you need more help you can tell us in comments.
If the FAIL message is displayed by ODIN, then you need to repeat the whole tutorial more than once.
If you repeat installation you need to make sure that the phone meets all requirements and that you won’t skip any steps.
If the PASS alert is shown by ODIN, but your phone enters in a boot loop, or it gets stuck at the boot animation screen, then you have to Factory Reset the phone.
The Factory Reset steps below should be applied in case you’ve installed the Android 7.0 update over a custom ROM, too.
Here’s how to Factory Reset the device:
- power off the phone.
- boot it in Recovery Mode.
- select the ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option.
- confirm process.
- reboot your smartphone in normal mode after the factory reset process is completed successfully.
These were the steps you had to follow in order to complete the Android 7.0 Nougat update for your Galaxy A3 phone. You can tell us in comments if you need more help completing the update.