ASUS Transformer TF300T has just received its official update for the CyanogenMod 10 Nightly which is based on Jelly Bean 4.1. Now you can use the instructions listed in this post and you will learn how to properly update the tablet to the latest Nightly build of CM10. Read the entire post and only when you’re done and you’re sure that you understand the steps needed to be taken, as this will help you successfully flash this new custom ROM.
This ROM will bring all CM10 and Jelly Bean features in a single installation and you can now install the whole package on your tablet without too much problems. If you want to install correctly all files, you will first need to read the pre-requisites guide and learn how to make sure that your device supports the CyanogenMod 10 Nightly build. There aren’t many bugs reported and, that’s why, in case you will find some errors and problems you should post them in comments so that other users will know what to expect from this ROM.
Nightlies of CM10 are released almost on a nightly-basis and with every new update, the builds will get better and more stable. You will find info on how to keep updated your device with the latest CM10 build at the end of this post. Now that you know all this, move to the preparation guide and learn what you have to do in order to correctly flash the CM10 Nightly based on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on your ASUS Transformer TF300T:
- You have to install this ROM only on the ASUS Transformer Pad model number TF300T. It won’t work with any other Android devices and that’s why you shouldn’t try to install it on different phones or tablets.
- For the CM10 Nightly custom ROM to install correctly your device has to be on an unlocked bootloader. ASUS Support page will help you unlock the tablet in case yours isn’t unlocked. Click the link and select Android from the OS drop-down list. Next, select Utilities and download the ‘Unlock device app’ to unlock the device. If your device is already unlocked, skip this step.
- Also, your tablet has to be rooted and CWM Recovery should be installed on it.
- All your important files stored on the tablet’s memory partition should be moved on its internal SDcard or you can use the USB cable and connect it to your PC. Transfer the important files on your computer and after the ROM is installed you will be able to restore all of them.
- Save a list of your installed applications with AppBak for Android.
- Save the APN Internet Settings so that in case these are deleted, and the internet isn’t working after the update, then you will be able to restore the correct values.
- Enable the USB Debugging option.
- Remember to charge the system’s battery so that this won’t power OFF during the installation of the CM10 Nightly ROM.
- This ROM is installed at your own risk and you shouldn’t blame us in case you brick the tablet. Read the entire article and only when you’re sure that you know what you have to do, then you can begin the installation.
These were all the guidelines you had to read and now you can begin the installation of this new ROM. Remember that in case you cannot complete the update, then you can use the comments section and ask for help. Also, remember that this update is currently in its first stages and it might pack some errors, which is why it is recommended that you create a full backup of the existing ROM so that you’ll be able to restore it.
How to update ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T to CM10 Nightly Jelly Bean 4.1.1 custom ROM
- Download the ROM zip file from HERE. Save the file on your PC and do not extract its contents.
- Now download the Google Apps for Jelly Bean from HERE. This file has to be flashed after the installation of the ROM as it will add all Google-based apps that your tablet requires in order to pack the Full Jelly Bean experience.
- Connect your tablet to your computer using the USB cable. Now move the files downloaded at steps 1 and 2 on the tablets internal sdcard.
- After the transfer is complete you should disconnect the tablet from PC and after that Power it OFF.
- Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery by pressing and holding these buttons: ‘volume down’ + ‘power’. You will see a message displayed that says ‘Volume Up to enter RCK (5s)’ and you should do what it says.
- When you’re in recovery mode you should create a full backup of the existing ROM. This file will he helpful in case you don’t like the new ROM. In case you already have a Nandroid backup of the ROM, you can skip this step and move to the next one.
- Next, select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ and then confirm the process. This will not delete the internal sdcard.
- Now you need to select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and from the next screen select ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the CM10 Nightly zip file and confirm its installation.
- When the ROM is installed you will have to repeat step 8 and this time you need to install the ‘Gapps’ zip file. When this one is installed you can return to the main recovery screen.
- Select ‘reboot system now’ and wait for CM10 Jelly Bean 4.1 finishes the first boot process. NOTE: This will take at least 5 minutes to complete, but, if you notice that it takes over 15 minutes, then you will have to repeat the entire tutorial because the ROM didn’t install successfully.
If the new ROM has successfully installed, you can now start to test its Jelly Bean and CM10 features and new services. In case you cannot complete the installation then you should ask for our help in comments.
For users that want to keep their Transformer Pad TF300T should visit this CyanogenMod 10 dedicated download web page and download the latest CM10 zip file. Install the update from CWM Recovery without wiping data, as you’re already running a CM10 Nightly build ROM. I hope that this guide helped you install the update and you can click the device’s link, the one listed under the post’s featured photo, and you will find numerous other tutorials for the TF300T tablet.