Looks like the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note users out there are in for a treat, because the new Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 update is now available and ready for action. This leak, called UCLC5 is available only for the AT&T Galaxy Note model SGH-i717.
Here’s how to install the UCLC5 ICS 4.0 on the AT&T Galaxy Note:
- Remember, you’re doing this on your own risk and no one but you will be held responsible.
- Check your phone’s model (Settings > About phone) and make sure it’s the SGH-i717.
- Backup the data on your device’s memory (don’t worry about the SD card, it won’t be affected).
- Uninstall Samsung’s PC software Kies, because it might cause problems while flashing.
- Install proper Samsung drivers (32 bit (x86) Windows | 64-bit (x64) Windows).
Now that you’ve taken the necessary precautions, let’s get to business and update your Galaxy Note to ICS 4.0
- Download the UCLC5 Android ICS 4.0 firmware for Galaxy Note on your PC.
- Boot the device in Download mode. If you don’t know how, turn off the Galaxy Note then press and hold the Volume down and Power buttons at the same time until a screen shows up, then press Volume up to continue to Download mode.
- Launch the downloaded firmware and wait for the Odin windows to show up (patience my friend).
- Now that Odin has shown his “hammer”, plug the Galaxy Note to your PC and wait until Odin shows the added state.
- In order to begin updating your Galaxy Note to the Android ICS 4.0 press Start and wait (again).
Don’t do anything unnecessary and be safe, if something doesn’t work don’t try and force it, it just doesn’t work, leave it.
If everything goes well and you’re done installing ICS 4.0 on your AT&T Galaxy Note, have fun and tell us about your experience in the comment section below.
Big thanks to the guys at RootzWiki for the AT&T Galaxy Note UCLC5 ICS 4.0 firmware.