It seems that the Android 4.1.1 Star Wars-inspired Jedi Invasion custom ROM is getting more and more popular among the SGS3 users, as now the firmware has been ported on the AT&T variant of the Galaxy S3 device. If you remember, last month we have showed you how to flash the same software on the T-Mobile S3, so the xda-developers team had finally managed to bring a suitable update for the AT&T handset too. Similar with our previous tutorial, during the following lines I will try to teach you how to update your Samsung Galaxy S3 I747 with the Jelly Bean based Jedi Invasion custom ROM firmware.
This is a beta software that will customize and optimize the performances of your SGS3 in order for you to receive increased speeds, improved battery life, better web browsing experience, new themes, Star Wars sound and background images and lot more. The Jedi Invasion firmware is stable and comes with no bugs or reported issues so you have nothing to worry about, you will be enjoying the best Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean experience on your AT&T Galaxy S3. Furthermore, the ROM is deodexed, rooted, debloated, zipaligned and installed with with BusyBox and SuperSU.
These are only the main aspects related to the Jedi Invasion software, but many other extra features and capabilities are being included in the system. So, if you want to learn more about this new update, or if you want to see some screenshots with the same running on the Samsung Galaxy S3, then you can anytime check our source page from here. Next, return to this guide and complete the rest of the steps for safely updating your S3 with the Jelly Bean UVDLJA powered Jedi Invasion firmware.
We should begin with the pre requisites, which must be performed or else the ROM will not work on your handset. Furthermore, if you somehow skip parts from this tutorial, you can even brick your phone. Be careful as the warranty will get void, so it is recommended to avoid the unpleasant situations that may occur while completing the update operation. Therefore, read and apply the next list and then the proper steps from below.
- As mentioned, the warranty will get void. Well, this is happening because you have to previously root your AT&T Galaxy S3 before applying the Jelly Bean Jedi Invasion software. Skip this step if your phone is already rooted.
- After gaining root access, you should install a custom recovery image, like CWM recovery, on your handset. This tool is extremely important for us as by using the same you will prepare and update your SGS3. Take note, the CWM recovery tool can be flashed only on a rooted system.
- Also, the warranty can be afterwards regained, but only if you agree to downgrade to the stock ROM, or of course to update with an official firmware released by Samsung and AT&T and suitable with your Galaxy S3.
- Then, a backup operation is being recommended because a full wipe of the system will have to be performed. Therefore, you will lose all of your personal info starting with the contacts, messages, call logs, EFS and so on. Take your time and save the same; also if possible make a Nandroid backup too (you will be able to restore the stock OS if needed).
The pre requisites are now completed. But, now you should take care of the general preparation tasks which are referring to the following: make sure you can use a computer or notebook with internet connection enabled; also the phone and its USB cord should be near you; uninstall the security options and tools that are being running and installed on your Galaxy S3 and on your computer / notebook; enable the USB debugging option on your phone; if the power left on your smartphone is less than 60% charge the battery before going any further; apply this step by step guide only for the AT&T model of the Samsung Galaxy S3 (model number I747).
How to Update AT&T Galaxy S3 I747 with Jedi Invasion Jelly Bean Custom ROM Firmware
- For being able to start the update operation you must first get the update file, and the add-ons (optional).
- The download link for the Jedi Invasion ROM is here and for the add-ons here.
- Save all the files on your computer.
- Use the USB cord and connect the handset with the PC.
- Then, copy the downloaded files to your phone’s SD card.
- Remove the USB cable and turn off your device.
- Reboot by pressing the Volume Up, Power, and Home buttons.
- This will display the recovery mode menu on your Galaxy S3.
- Use the same and first wipe the data (this will prepare your phone for the installation procedure that will shortly follow).
- So, select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Return to the main menu and now select “install zip from sd card” and “choose zip from sd card”.
- Pick the update file and flash the same; also you can install the add-ons if you want by repeating the same step.
- In the end, select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”; you are done.
So, now your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 is running the Jelly Bean 4.1.1 based Jedi invasion custom ROM firmware. Test the OS and see how it performs and if you like it more than the previous one. Share your impressions and opinions with us by using the comments area from below. Also, if you don’t like the software, you can anytime restore the stock OS (if a Nandroid was previously performed) by using the recovery mode menu once more. Do let us know how things worked for you.