As you know, AT&T released today the official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS for the HTC One X devices, so the first major OTA update has arrived for the One X users. Better late than never we might say thought I know that the Jelly Bean firmware has been expected from a while now, not to mention that other handsets similar with the One X had already received the Jelly Bean touch. Anyway, the most important aspect is that you can anytime apply the ROM, as the software is OTA available for all the AT&T HTC One X smartphones.
But if you haven’t received the OTA Jelly Bean 4.1 OS until now and want to manually flash the firmware on your HTC One X, then this step by step guide will be perfect for you. During the next lines I will show you how to install the update on your phone, all being explained and detailed on an easy to follow and perform tutorial. Furthermore the flashing procedure will only take a couple of minutes from your time, so you will be back on track in the shortest time possible.
And since we are dealing with the official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS that has been released for the AT&T HTC One X, you have nothing to worry about because this procedure is a safe one, without any kind of negative aspects. Therefore, for being able to apply the below steps you don’t have to previously root your phone or to install a custom recovery image on its system. This means that the warranty will not get void; more if your One X is currently rooted and flashed with a custom ROM firmware, now you will be able to restore the warranty and get the default Jelly Bean 4.1 system.
The only thing that must be performed before starting the update procedure is a backup operation. In order to avoid the unpleasant situations I strongly recommend you to save your messages, contacts list, market apps and everything else you need to. The data might get corrupted while trying to update your HTC One X to official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS and you can end up in losing all of your personal info that are saved on the internal storage memory.
Also, you need to check the battery status of your device; if you notice that there is less than 50% power left you must take the charger and charge the battery before going any further (if the handset gets turned off in the middle of the flashing operation it might get bricked). Else, you can skip this part. Then, enable the USB debugging option on your phone by going to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”. Don’t forget to apply this tutorial only for the AT&T HTC One X as the steps from below will work only for the mentioned Android based smartphone.
Now, this update will bring the latest Jelly Bean features and apps to your HTC One X along with an improved HTC Sense UI so that you can enjoy a stable and smooth Android 4.1 experience. Of course, the firmware comes with Google Now service, expandable notifications, offline speech-to-text, new countdown timer for the front camera, Project Butter and a lot more. As already mentioned you can anytime OTA receive the OS, but in case you have a rooted device or if you haven’t receive the OTA variant yet, then you can anytime learn how to manually update your HTC One X by completing the steps from below.
How to Update AT&T HTC One X to Official Jelly Bean 4.1 OS
- First of all you will have to download the update file.
- Use the link from here for completing the same.
- Save the file on a computer or notebook first.
- Then, connect the phone with the computer by using the USB cable.
- Up next, select the downloaded file from the computer and copy paste it in your device’s root or in the phone’s storage and not in any of the sub folders.
- Then, unplug the USB cable and turn off your phone.
- You need to reboot into recovery now.
- If you don’t know how, here is what you need to do: press and hold Power, Volume Down until the fastboot menu is being displayed.
- Then, navigate to the recovery option (use the Volume Down key) and press Power button; up next the HTC logo will be displayed and the screen will go blank. When that happens, press and hold Volume UP and Down key and at the same time press and release the Power button.
- A blue menu should be displayed which means that you have successfully booted into recovery mode.
- From that menu you need to select “Apply update from internal storage” and press Power button to proceed.
- The flashing procedure will begin; it should take 5 minutes, so don’t press anything else while the process is running.
- In the end, select “reboot system now” and you are done.
So, there you have it, now you can easily update your AT&T HTC One X to official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS by using a manual method do. Do tell us (by using the comments area from below) how things worked for you and also share your impressions and thoughts related to the firmware you have just applied on your phone.