AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 is also known as SkyRocket and now a new update to Android 4.0 ICS has been leaked and it packs the UCLF5 Firmware. This guide here will teach you how to successfully flash and install it on your smartphone. Read the entire tutorial and the preparation guide and you will learn how to install this update fast and easy.
This release is a leaked UCLF5 firmware which means that it is based on an official build and it contains bloatware files and you will need to root it and use a custom recovery to install a new custom ROM that will improve the performances of your device. You should create a full backup of your current S2 ROM and only after that you can flash this leaked update. Please note that the UCLF5 update isn’t an official nor it is a final one which means that it might have some bugs and not all functions will work. However, feel free to tell us in comment if and how it runs this release on your device.
Before we can start to install this update, you will need to learn what applications and tools you need in order to be able to update your Galaxy S2 SkyRocket from your first try. Here’s what you need to know:
- update only if your device is an AT&T Galaxy S2 SkyRocket I727 model number. If you try to install this UCLF5 on any other device then you should know that it won’t work and you might end up bricking that other phone.
- enable USB debugging mode on your phone.
- charge the battery of your Galaxy S2 SKyRocket so that it won’t discharge completely while you’re applying the update files.
- as the update process might remove all the data from your phone, it is recommended for you to create backups of all the files present on your device. You can move these files on your device’s internal sdcard or on the external one or, you can choose to move them on your computer using the USB data connection cable.
- download and install the USB drivers for Samsung. Without these installed on your PC you won’t be able to flash the Android 4.0 ICS UCLF5 leaked firmware.
- create a full backup of the currently installed on your phone.
- if you wish to save only applications, APN settings, SMS and Call Logs info, then you should use these tools for your Android device: AppBAK for Android apps backups | SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore.
- Sync your Gmail account with your Phone contacts and you will not lose your stored phone numbers.
- Note that we can’t be blamed if you install this update and brick your phone. You’re installing the leaked update at your own risk and if you aren’t an advanced Android user then you should avoid the installation of this update as you might damage your phone or you simply won’t be able to complete the tutorial.
- Odin should be installed on your device.
These are all the guidelines you had to read and now you should move to the tutorial and learn how to properly install this update on your computer. Make sure to read all the steps I’ve listed and do not even think about skipping any steps in the process. Use the comments section to ask for my help.
The tutorial guide isn’t too hard to follow but you still should read it twice and make sure that you know what to you need to do in order to prevent any damage done to your PC.
How to install Android 4.0 ICS UCLF5 Firmware Update on AT&T Galaxy S2 SkyRocket smartphone:
- Download the UCLF5 firmware files from HERE.
- Save the file on your computer.
- Launch the ‘I727UCLF5_OneClickBin_DEABC2C0A29DD59C387453B159AF9730.exe’ file. This is the file that we are gonna use in order to flash the firmware. This will launch ODIN and you need to move to the next step.
- Power off your smartphone.
- Boot it into Download Mode. Do it like this: With the phone turned off you should plug the USB cable into your PC only and not in the smartphone. Now press and hold ‘volume up’ and ‘volume down’ and while you do that you need to plug the USB cable into your smartphone also.
- Odin will now display a message telling you that the device was added. If you cannot see this alert then it means that the USB drivers aren’t installed. Download Mode should boot now on your device.
- Now click Start to begin the installation of this new update.
- When the update is finished your device will restart. Disconnect the smartphone now and Odin should display a PASS message. That’s it now your phone has been updated with this new UCLF5 Android 4.0 ICS firmware.
I think that these are all the steps you had to take and now you’re free to start customizing your phone. Use the comments section and tell us how it performs on your smartphone.
Please note that in case ODIN freezes during the install you will need to remove the battery and then re-insert it back in its location on your phone. Close Odin and then restart it and repeat the entire tutorial process.