Update AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 To Android 4.0.4 ICS Ultimatum Custom ROM ( Removes Samsung Bloatware )
The Ultimatum ROM is the latest update released for AT&T Galaxy S3 and now you can use it to remove the Samsung apps bloatware and all other extra bloat files and apps that you don’t need to keep on your device. Use the tutorial guide found in this article only after you read the pre-requisites guide and this will help you install the custom ROM at your first attempt.
This custom ROM has been created by an XDA forum member and it will remove all bloatware, S voice and all other Samsung applications. It brings an improved advanced Reboot menu, scrolling wallpaper for TouchWiz Launcher. The MMS has been changed and now it allows fonts along with multiple other MMS options. It removes the boot sound and for the moment there weren’t any bugs or problems found with it.
Now that you know all of the above, you should move to the preparation guide and learn how to successfully configure your device and make sure that you install the new ROM easily. Here’s what steps you need to take:
- install the Ultimatum custom ROM only on AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 devices. Also, the devices should have CWM Recovery installed and should be rooted. Click the links and you will learn how to apply these changes on your AT&T SGS3.
- the tutorial will tell you to wipe all data and this means that you need to create backups of the files currently not stored on your device internal and external sdcard. To save those other files you need to use the internal sdcard and move them in it.
- create backups of your installed applications, SMS text messages, Call Logs info and APN Settings by using the following tools: AppBAK for Android apps backups | SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore.
- Sync your Gmail account with the Phone Contacts app to backup all your saved phone numbers.
- Optionally, you can choose to create a full backup of the ROM that is currently running on your device. You will then be able to restore it in case you don’t like the new Ultimatum custom ROM.
- Enable USB debugging.
- Charge the AT&T Galaxy S3 phone battery until it goes over 70% and this will prevent it from discharging during the update process.
- Please note that this custom ROM should be installed at your own risk and you shouldn’t blame us nor the developers in case your phone stops working and you won’t be able to use it.
Now that you know all that, you can move to the tutorial. If you can’t install Ultimatum ROM then you should use the comments section and ask for our help.
How to update AT&T Galaxy S3 with Ultimatum ICS custom ROM:
- Download the ROM zip file from HERE. Save the file on your PC.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer and now move the ROM package on the internal sdcard.
- Disconnect the smartphone and after that power it OFF.
- Boot into CWM Recovery mode by pressing and holding the following buttons: volume up + home + power. Keep them pressed until CWM Recovery screen boots.
- Optional step: Create a full backup of your currently installed ROM using the CWM Recovery’s ‘Backup & restore’ option. This step is optional and you should apply it only to be sure that you’ll be to restore the previous ROM in case Ultimatum custom ROM isn’t working like you would’ve hoped. If you don’t want to apply this step, then skip it.
- When in recovery mode main menu select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ and confirm this step. It won’t delete the contents of your phone’s internal / external sdcard.
- Next, select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and after that ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
- Point CWM Recovery to the location of the Ultimatum custom ROM zip and confirm the installation.
- When the install is complete you should return to the main recovery mode menu and select ‘reboot system now’.
- Now your AT&T Galaxy S3 will restart and perform its first boot into Ultimatum ROM. Allow it at least 10-15 minutes to complete the boot process and when it is done you’re free to start customizing its functions, features, install a new UI launcher etc.
I think that these are all the steps you had to take in order to successfully apply Ultimatum custom ROM on Galaxy S3 AT&T variant.
In case your device gets into a boot loop or it cannot get past the first boot process, then you should remove the phone’s battery and after that re-insert it and repeat all the preparation and tutorial instructions once again. Make sure that you don’t skip the step 7 as that one should be applied before installing the new custom ROM. For any other questions please use the comments section and I will help you finish the Galaxy S3 AT&T firmware update.