The official Android 7.0 Nougat update is being rolled out for the Galaxy A7 2016 models sold in Latin America.
Follow all the info provided below in order to learn how to manually update your device. The tutorial is destined to used only for the A710M models of the Galaxy A7 2016 devices.
The Android 7 updates are released over-the-air, but not everyone will get the Nougat firmware update files at the same time. If you are an advanced user, then you can update your Galaxy A7 manually without waiting for the OTA update files to arrive in your region.
This guide can be used to restore Galaxy A7 devices to 100% stock firmware, as there are tons of users that are currently running a custom ROM on their devices.
Before starting the flashing process you need to check these guidelines:
- use this tutorial only for the Samsung Galaxy A7 2016 models sold in Latin America.
- the version of these devices has to be the SM – A710M.
– don’t try to update any other Galaxy A7 models with the files found in this post.
- download the Samsung usb drivers from here.
– install the usb drivers on your PC.
- for the ODIN 3.12.3 flashing tool to run on your computer and connect to your Galaxy A7 it needs for you to install the above usb drives, and to enable the USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
Developer Options might be hidden: go to Settings> About Device> Software Info and tap 7 times on the Build Number text.
- return to Settings and Developer Options will now be enabled there.
– open the Developer Options and enable USB Debugging option.
- you can flash Android 7.0 Nougat over rooted firmware, but you will see root access removed in the process.
- any custom Recovery that you might have flashed will be replaced with stock Recovery image.
- you can flash Android 7.0 Nougat update with ODIN over a custom ROM, but you will have to Factory reset the device after that.
– the Factory Reset process wipes clean system partition, it removes the old custom ROM and it will allow your phone to boot in normal mode.
– the Factory Reset steps are listed at the end of the tutorial.
- if your phone runs 100% stock Android firmware, then you can continue straight to the next part of this post right away.
- this tutorial has to be used by advanced users.
- read the whole post and do not skip any steps.
Now that you know all of the above you can continue straight to the installation part of this post.
How to flash Android 7.0 Nougat Update for 2016 A710M Samsung Galaxy A7:
- Download the Android 7 Nougat update archive from here.
- When the download is done you can extract the archived contents.
You will obtain the A710MUBU2CQD4 tar.md5 firmware update file. Don’t extract the tar.md5 firmware update file.
- Download Odin 3.12.3 zip from here. Extract the contents and save them on your PC.
- Power off the phone.
- Boot the smartphone in Download Mode.
Press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power buttons until a ‘warning’ screen loads on your device. Press Volume Up to confirm Download Mode boot.
- Launch Odin exe on your PC.
- Connect your phone to PC via usb cable. Wait for Odin to detect the device and then continue to the next step.
– if the ODIN app can’t connect with your phone, then you need to reinstall the Samsung USB drivers.
- In ODIN click the AP button.
- Find and load the A710MUBU2CQD4 tar.md5 Nougat update file in ODIN.
- Press START button in order to confirm the Android 7.0 Nougat update for your device.
– wait for the process to be completed.
When the update is done you can see the phone reboot in normal mode.
- Unplug the phone from PC and then wait for first boot of Nougat 7 OS to complete.
Use your usual login info in order to regain control over your device once again.
These were the steps you had to complete in order to finish installing the Android 7 Nougat Update for your Galaxy A7 A710M.
If the FAIL alert message is shown by ODIN, then you will have to repeat the whole tutorial more than once.
If you repeat the installation you need to make sure that you won’t skip any steps and that your phone meets all requirements.
If the PASS message is shown by ODIN, but your phone enters in a boot loop or it gets stuck at the boot animation screen for more than 20 minutes, then you should try and Factory Reset the phone.
The Factory Reset steps are listed below and they can be used also by those that were previously running a custom ROM on their phone. Here’s how to factory reset the device:
- power off the phone.
- boot it in Recovery Mode: press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power.
– release the buttons, then wait for the Recovery Mode to boot.
- select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
- confirm process.
If you need more help you should tell us in comments.