If you own the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 and want to update it to the latest and official firmware and then root the same I have the perfect solution for you: the pre-rooted Gingerbread XXLD8 2.3.6 ROM. So, by completing this tutorial you will be able to update and root at the same time your Galaxy Ace 2 device, all being possible thanks to the xda-developers member, powermetza who made available the XXLD8 2.3.6 software for us. The operation is easy to complete, though there are a lot of stuffs to take care of, so we should get started.
First it must be cleared for you that this is an official update released by Samsung for your Galaxy Ace 2 model number I8160. So, you don’t need to previously root your phone for being able to apply this guide. A root procedure is previously required only when you are dealing with custom ROMs or with beta software. The best part about the Gingerbread XXLD8 2.3.6 OS is that it is pre-rooted meaning that you will not have to root the same after updating your Ace 2. Again all this is being possible thanks to those of xda-developers so we have them to thanks for the present step by step guide.
But even though you are about to update your Galaxy Ace 2 with an official and pre-rooted ROM you will still have to complete a manual procedure that will take you through the installation procedure. But why to flash a software that is already rooted? Well if you want to learn more about the root aspect here is what you should know. First, by rooting the warranty gets void because you are actually unchaining the system by removing the factory restrictions. Therefore, after rooting you can easily install custom ROMs updates on your Ace 2. Furthermore on a rooted OS you can get and install complex apps and tools (such as CWM recovery) and of course access the system of your phone.
That’s why a rooted device can be easily customized and optimized. As soon as you gain root access for your Galaxy Ace 2 you will be able to improve and power up its performances. So, now you can see why it is important to apply this official and pre rooted Gingerbread XXLD8 2.3.6 OS. Anyway, as mentioned, this tutorial can be performed only if your smartphone was previously prepared for the actual operation. Therefore let’s take care of the pre requisites.
- Backup the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 data.
- For that you must learn how to save the contacts, messages, call logs, EFS, current ROM and everything else you need to. You have suitable backup and restore guides explained here on Android.gs so don’t hesitate and consult the same.
- You need to have access and use a Windows running computer with internet connection enabled.
- Also, the phone and its USB cord should be near you.
- On your smartphone go to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging” and enable the USB debugging option.
- There should be more than 60% power left on your Ace; if different charge its battery first or else the device might get turned off in the middle of the update.
- Deactivate the antivirus and Firewall protection (and uninstall the security tools), which is being installed on both, the computer and handset.
- Flash the official and pre-rooted Gingerbread XXLD8 2.3.6 software only if you own the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 model number I8160. This method will work only for the mentioned device.
How to Update Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 to Official and Pre-Rooted Gingerbread XXLD8 2.3.6 OS
- Get the update file from here.
- Save the file on the computer where you must also download Odin.
- Install Odin on the PC and open the same.
- Turn off your Ace and reboot it in download mode.
- The download mode can be accessed by pressing and holding the Volume Up rocker key and the Power button at the same time.
- With the phone in download mode connect it with the computer via USB cord (Odin must be running when you do this).
- As soon as you connect the device, on Odin the “added” message should be displayed and the ID:COM section should be yellow.
- If not, install the drivers on the PC and re-do the above explained steps.
- Go to Odin and select the “PDA” option.
- Pick the update file that you have downloaded before and click on “Start” (don’t make any other changes in Odin).
- In the end the phone will reboot automatically and on Odin the “pass” message will be displayed.
- Remove the USB cord as you are done.
Well, that was all for now. Your Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 has been finally updated to Official and Pre-Rooted Gingerbread XXLD8 2.3.6 OS. Now you can look forward in installing custom ROMs as the firmware is rooted already. So, stay close as we will bring suitable tutorials for you Ace 2 during the following days. Do tell us how things worked while trying to complete the above mentioned steps and share the issues with us and with other users by using the comments area from below.