If you want to update your Galaxy Ace S5830 with an extremely appealing custom user interface and with a stable and smooth ROM, then the ICS styled and CM7 based Apocalypse firmware is what you need. The update has just been made available by those of xda-developers, so during the following lines we will be checking in how to install the CM7 powered Apocalypse Custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Ace device. Also, as this is an official OS upgrade you will have to first prepare your phone for the installation process, the pre requisites being explained and detailed below too.
But, why to apply this step by step guide for your Android based handset? Well, basically, a custom ROM firmware comes with features that cannot be found in the default version of the Android system. Furthermore, there will be added a new user interface, themes and backgrounds images, along with many other capabilities, so that you can receive more power from your Ace. To conclude, by updating your Galaxy Ace with the Apocalypse firmware you will be able to easily power up the performances of your smartphone.
Now, the Apocalypse update is being developed and tested by those of-xda developers, so we have them to thanks for the present tutorial. As mentioned, the same is being based on the CM7 platform meaning that features coming from the same ROM will be installed on your Galaxy Ace S5830. Also, the update is Ice Cream Sandwich styled, therefore you will be enjoying an Android 4.0 powered user interface. All these are being combined in the Apocalypse software which will smoothly run on your Ace smartphone. Now, if you want to learn more about the present OS improvement, then I recommend you to check our source page from here.
You must start this guide by backing up the Galaxy Ace data. You should save everything you need to, starting from contacts, messages, call logs, internet settings, EFS and even the current ROM. You must complete this task because for flashing the Apocalypse update you will have to previously wipe the system of your device, not to mention that the Ace should also be rooted and installed with a custom recovery image. Anyway, take your time and perform a full and safe backup; you have suitable guides here on Android.gs, so don’t hesitate and use the same.
Then, as soon as the data is backed up, you must root the smartphone. By rooting the warranty will get void, so be careful in what you do, as if you mess things up, the phone might get bricked. After rooting, you must install a custom recovery image, like CWM recovery into the system, or else you will not be able to flash the CM7 based Apocalypse Rom on your Galaxy Ace. For the future, if you will want to restore the warranty, all you need to do is to downgrade to the stock ROM.
Finally, a Windows running computer should be near you, as well as for the handset and for its USB cord. On the PC and on your phone, deactivate the antivirus tools or the Firewall protection. Go to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging” and make sure that the USB debugging option is enabled. You should first charge the smartphone if its battery status indicates less than 60% power. And you shouldn’t complete this step by step guide unless you own the Samsung Galaxy Ace model number S5830.
How to Update Galaxy Ace with ICS Styled and CM7 based Apocalypse Custom ROM Firmware
- Download the update package from here.
- Save the file on your computer.
- Then connect the Ace with the PC.
- Use the USB cord for that.
- Select the downloaded file and copy-paste it to your phone SD card.
- You can now disconnect the device from the computer; the PC will no longer be used.
- On your phone you must enter into recovery mode menu.
- For that, first turn off the handset.
- Then reboot by pressing and holding the Menu button while pressing on the Power one.
- The recovery menu should now be displayed.
- From there, first of all select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Return to the main menu by taping on “+++go back+++”.
- And next select “install zip from sd card” and “choose zip from sd card”.
- Select the update file from your phone’s SD card and flash it.
- Don’t make any other changes.
- The installation procedure might take a couple of minutes.
- In the end select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now” in order to end the update process.
So, that was all. Your Samsung Galaxy Ace model number S5830 is now running the ICS Styled and CM7 based Apocalypse Custom ROM Firmware. You should first test the OS and see how it performs on your device. Then return here and share your impressions with us and with other users by using the comments area from below.