Those who own the Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 can now enjoy the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS on their own devices as the nightly built of CM10.1 custom ROM has been made available by those of xda-developers. Today, by using the following step by step guide, I will try to show you which is the easiest method that can be used when trying to flash a custom firmware on your device. This means that by completing this tutorial, you can manually update your Galaxy Ace to JB 4.2.2 by installing the CM10.1 software on your phone.
Since there will not be any official Jelly Bean updates released for the Galaxy Ace due hardware limitations, the custom ROMs are the only way in which you can power up, customize and optimize the performances of your device. As you know, there are many custom platforms available for your smartphone, so before heading to the flashing operation which is explained below, check out our “update Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830” section.
Now, the CM10.1 system is based on latest Android OS, the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 firmware therefore the same will be installed on your Ace. CyanogenMod is one of the most used custom ROMs available for the Android platform by worldwide users, the software being already suitable for almost all the Android based devices out there, whether we are talking about low range or high end smartphones or tablets. Also, CM10.1 is coming with important stock and extra features, apps and capabilities, which mean that after flashing the update, your Galaxy Ace will be customized and improved.
This is the nightly version of CM10.1 so we are dealing with a stable OS. Anyway, according to those who had already installed the ROM on their Ace S5830, there are still minor problems with the audio recording, secure WiFi app and with the Compass. Don’t worry as these issues will soon be resolved by the CM team and you will be updated with a new version of the firmware right on your devices. But until then, you will have to manually flash the present variant and this by following our step by step guide.
CM10.1 is a custom ROM therefore by updating your Galaxy Ace with the same you will void the warranty of your smartphone. This is happening because you need to previously root your handset as a custom firmware can be applied only on unchained systems. So, be careful in what you do and try not to mess things up (the warranty can be restored but only if you choose to downgrade / update to stock / official Android OS, or if you fix your device). Also, after gaining root access you will have to install a custom recovery image, such as CWM recovery, as the stock one can’t be used when installing unofficial updates. Take note that CWM recovery can be flashed only on rooted devices, so first unchain the system of your phone.
Don’t forget that this is a complex and risky operation; therefore backup the Samsung Galaxy Ace data. A wipe will be required so it is recommended to save everything that is being saved on the internal storage memory of your device. Do note that by using the recovery image you can also make a Nandroid backup which is extremely important because by doing the same you can save / restore the current ROM.
Those were the essential pre requisites. Now, during the following list I will describe the general preparation tasks that must be completed before starting the proper update operation. Be aware as without applying the pre requisites you will not be able to install the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 based CM10.1 custom ROM on your Galaxy Ace. Also, remember that this guide is suitable only with the mentioned phone so don’t use the present lines if you own a similar or different Android powered handset – because you will risk in bricking your smartphone / tablet.
- Remember to root, install a custom recovery image and to backup the data from your phone.
- Then ensure that a computer or notebook can be used; the handset and its USB cable will also be required.
- Uninstall the antivirus, antimalware and the Firewall protection programs that are running on your computer or on your phone.
- Enable the USB debugging option by using the general settings on your Ace.
- Charge the phone’s battery in case there is less than 60% power left.
- Make sure that everything is being prepared as explained above as the installation procedure will be detailed next.
How to Update Galaxy Ace S5830 to Jelly Bean 4.2.2 with CM10.1 Nightly Custom ROM Firmware
- Go here and download the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 firmware file.
- Save the same on your computer without unzipping.
- Connect your phone with the computer – use the USB cable for establishing the connection (enable USB debugging first).
- Copy-paste the downloaded file from the PC to your phone’s SD card.
- Remove the USB cable.
- Turn off your handset and reboot it into recovery mode.
- For recovery mode you need to press on the Power, Volume Up and Home buttons for a few seconds.
- Now, by using the recovery mode menu you first have to wipe the system.
- For a proper wipe choose “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache”.
- Return to the main menu of recovery and select “install zip from sd card” followed by “choose zip from sd card”.
- Pick the update file and start the flashing operation.
- In the end select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”.
- That should be all.
So, what do you think? Was this guide helpful for you, or you had encounter problems while trying to complete the lines from above? Share your thoughts and experience with us by using the comments area from below.
That was all for today; your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 has been updated to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS as the CM10.1 custom ROM has been successfully installed on your smartphone.