Update Galaxy Ace with Stable and Fast Jelly Bread Firmware
Do you want to update your Galaxy Ace with a stable and fast firmware? Do you want to get the Jelly Bean looks and UI but, in the same time you wish to bump the speeds and optimize the performances? Well, now you can achieve all that as a new custom ROM firmware has been developed and made available for your Galaxy Ace. The software is dubbed as Jelly Bread and comes with great features, apps and also capabilities. So, if you want to experience an improved and upgraded version of Android on your phone, then you must try this new custom update.
As you know there are many custom ROMs available out there for your Galaxy Ace. But, of course then you might find yourselves asking which ROM to use, as you have to consider a lot of stuffs before making this operation. First, you will be tempted to try the latest releases which bring Android 4.2, or even Android 4.3 based firmwares to your Ace. But, these ROMs aren’t and can’t be fully optimized to run on devices with low RAM memory or with limited hardware performances, just like your Galaxy Ace.
So, if you flash an Android 4.2 or higher update on your Ace you will probably notice that you handset has been slowed down, there are lags and you can’t run almost anything else on your device. So, even though your smartphone will be featuring the Jelly Bean UI, the speeds, battery life and power will be substantially decreased. Therefore the best for you will be to try a system that is based on a software that can smoothly run on your Galaxy Ace. That system is of course Gingerbread.
Don’t worry, as this guide will not show you how to flash Gingerbread OS on your Galaxy Ace. The Jelly Bread firmware is a mixed ROM that brings Gingerbread basics and Jelly Bean flavor. How? Well, actually Jelly Bread is based on CM7 system; so the same has Gingerbread OS as stock firmware, but brings Jelly Bean 4.1.2 looks and UI to your Galaxy Ace. What does this means? Well, in a few words, your Galaxy Ace will be running on Gingerbread but all you will see will be Jelly Bean OS.
That’s why, your handset will perform faster than never, and that’s why the battery life will be improved and the performances optimized. And everything while Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean will be installed on top of all. So, what do you say, is Jelly Bread worth your attention? I think it does so because of that, during the following lines I will show you how to apply this new Android firmware on your Galaxy Ace.
Now, if you do want to complete this tutorial, then, first you will have to take care of the pre requisites list. Don’t skip this section as it is the most relevant one.
- Root your Galaxy Ace.
- Install CWM recovery on your phone.
- Backup the Galaxy Ace data.
- Backup EFS folder.
- Make a Nandroid backup.
- Ensure that you can use a computer.
- On your computer deactivate the security protection.
- Enable USB debugging option your handset by going to path “menu –> settings -> developer options”.
- Plug in the charger if your handset’s battery status shows up less than 50% power left.
- Apply this tutorial only if you own the S5830 model of the Samsung Galaxy Ace.
Now, in order to explain the steps from above, here is what you need to know. First of all, you need to begin with the root operation. Like any other custom ROM, Jelly Bread can be installed only on rooted systems; so do the same for your Galaxy Ace. Anyway, be careful when gaining root access as the operation isn’t official and the warranty of your phone will get void. Then, continue with the installation process of CWM recovery or any other custom recovery image that is compatible with your Galaxy Ace.
The stock recovery must be replaced because the same can’t be used when flashing a custom update. So, get a custom recovery on your smartphone. Now, you need to backup the Ace data because, on the update process a wipe will be required; and when wiping the system you can lose everything that’s saved on the internal storage memory – don’t worry as the backup can be easily completed since you have suitable apps free distributed on Google Play. The Nandroid backup must be applied only if you want to save the current ROM too (recommended – you will be able to restore the same if the Jelly Bread firmware will not be on your taste).
When disabling the antivirus programs from your computer you are preventing the same from interfering with the update process – don’t worry as you won’t get worms or virus from the web when updating your Galaxy Ace with Jelly Bread custom ROM. Then, USB debugging must be enabled because you have to connect your smartphone with the computer, while the battery must be charged because you don’t want to brick your device – that will happen if your phone will get turned off in the middle of the update operation.
Good; that was quite everything. So, now you can finally begin the proper update procedure – let’s check it out.
How to Update Galaxy Ace with Stable and Fast Jelly Bread Firmware
- Download the update file from here.
- Also, download Google Apps from here.
- Save both files on your computer.
- Don’t unzip the downloaded files.
- Connect your smartphone with the computer via USB cable.
- Transfer the downloaded files on your phone’s SD card.
- Unplug the USB cord and turn off your Galaxy Ace.
- Now, you need to enter your handset in recovery mode – use this dedicated step by step guide if you don’t know how to do it.
- From recovery select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Return and choose “advance” followed by “wipe cache partition”.
- Once more return, and this time select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose zip from SD card”.
- Pick the update file from the SD card and flash the same.
- Then, repeat the same procedure for applying the Google Apps package.
- In the end, from recovery select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”.
Congratulations; you have updated your Samsung Galaxy Ace with Jelly Bread custom ROM firmware. Remember that this software is based on Gingerbread and comes with Jelly Bean 4.1.2 looks and UI. So, your phone should be running on a stable and fast platform that is installed with great features, apps and capabilities. Test the same and then return here for sharing your experience and thoughts with us and with other Galaxy Ace users who might want to complete our tutorial.