If you want to customize the Android experience that is featured on your Galaxy Ace by updating to an interesting and new custom ROM, then I bring you the HoneyCream firmware. This software is being based on the Galaxy Gio OS and will install many apps, features and capabilities on your phone. Of course the ROM has been developed and released by those of xda-developers so we have them to thanks for the present step by step guide. Now, if you want to learn more about the HoneyCream firmware and if you want to learn how to update your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 with the same, then check the following lines.
As you know, the Galaxy Ace is a low range, or entry level Android powered handset that comes with decent specs on a low price tag. That’s why there are many customers who decided to buy this device rather than spending a lot more money on the high end handsets that are being available on the market. Unfortunately the phone is currently running on the Gingerbread OS and there will not be any further official updates released due hardware limitations. But, that shouldn’t mean anything to you, as you can anytime choose to update your Galaxy Ace with an ICS or Jelly Bean based custom ROM (for that, use our “update Samsung Galaxy Ace” section).
Now, the HoneyCream software is actually based on the Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread system, and as stated it is a version of the Galaxy Gio ROM, which has been ported to the Samsung Galaxy Ace by those of xda-developers. The firmware is featuring a battery extender kernel, 10 lockscreen styles, a 4-way boot, MegaBass Beats, CRT on / off animation and lot more. By completing this tutorial you will install a stable platform that brings many extra features and customization options, so you should give it a try. Anyway, if you want to learn more about the HoneyCream custom ROM you can use the link from here and access our source page.
Well, if you have decided to flash the Galaxy Gio powered HoneyCream Gingerbread 2.3.6 software on your Samsung Galaxy Ace then I have to tell you that first you will have to prepare your smartphone for the installation procedure that will follow. And to ensure that you are making all as it should I have explained the pre requisites during the list from below. Make sure you are reading and completing all the steps from this tutorial or else you will end up in bricking your device.
- As you will see, in order to apply the firmware on your phone you will have to wipe its system. Because of that it is more than recommend to backup the Galaxy Ace data and to make a Nandroid backup as well. In this way you can be sure that the contacts, messages, call logs, EFS, current ROM and so on are in safe hands and can be easily restored when needed.
- Also, another task that must be completed before installing the ROM is the root operation. So, go and gain root access for your Ace.
- By doing the same the warranty will get void. You have nothing to worry about, but it will be a good idea to try not to mess things up.
- By downgrading to the stock OS or by updating to an official firmware you will be able to revoke the root access, relock the bootloader and reinstall the factory restrictions, which means that the warranty will be restored.
- Then, install a custom recovery image, like CWM recovery on your phone and continue the guide by completing the general pre requisites which are being presented during the next section of our tutorial.
As this is a manual procedure used for updating your Galaxy Ace with the HoneyCream ROM you will have to use a Windows running computer, the device and its USB cord for applying the same. Next, for avoiding the unpleasant situations you should uninstall the security tools that run on both computer and handset and charge the battery of your phone (if there is less than 60% power left). Also, on your Ace the USB debugging option should be enabled and this step by step guide must be completed only by those who own the Samsung Galaxy Ace model number S5830.
How to Update Galaxy Ace S5830 with HoneyCream Custom ROM Firmware
- On your computer download the update by using this link.
- Then place this file on your phone’s SD card.
- Up next you need to turn off the handset and boot into recovery mode.
- That can be achieved if you press and hold the Power and Home buttons until the screen turns on.
- Now, from recovery select to perform a full wipe. Just select “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “Wipe Dalvik Cache”.
- Once the wipe completed, select “+++go back+++”.
- Now, from the recovery menu select “install zip from sd card” and “choose zip from sd card”.
- Pick the update file which was downloaded before and start the update operation.
- In the end, re-do the wipe (“wipe cache partition”, “wipe data factory reset” and “Wipe Dalvik Cache”).
- And finally, select “+++go back+++” followed by “reboot system now”.
So that was all as now your Samsung Galaxy Ace is running the new HoneyCream Custom ROM firmware. Remember that the software is being based on the Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread system and it is a ported version of the Galaxy Gio OS. Therefore if you don’t like the new platform I recommend you to reboot into recovery again and choose to restore the stock ROM (this can be applied only if you have previously made a Nandroid backup). Also, do share your thoughts and impressions with us and with other users who might want to flash this firmware.