Update Galaxy Ace S5830 with IMaGinary ICS Custom ROM Firmware
If most of the Android users are only looking for Android Jelly Bean OS when searching for a new custom ROM firmware, there are some who rather choose an older version of the Android system for enjoying a faster experience on their smartphones. So, if you are one of the mentioned users, maybe you will find the IMaGinary Android 4.0 ICS software suitable for your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830. If so, during the present tutorial we will be checking in how to update your Ace to ICS with the mentioned IMaGinary platform all being described in a few easy to follow and complete steps.
Anyway, before heading to the installation procedure, you should also take a look over the other updates that are being available for your Galaxy Ace (Gingerbread, ICS and Jelly Bean based ones) by checking our “update Galaxy Ace” section. Then, if do want to learn more about the ICS powered IMaGinary custom ROM all you have to do is to resume the rest of the following lines. Before that, it should be clear for you that this is not an official OS improvement released by Samsung for your Galaxy Ace, so you cannot OTA or by using KIES apply the same.
Furthermore, the software has been developed by those of xda-developers so we have them to thanks for this tutorial. The IMaGinary system is actually based on the Gingerbread 2.3.6 OS but it will bring all the Android 4.0 features and capabilities to your Galaxy Ace S5830. The firmware is featuring support for 55 languages, it is rooted, deodexed and comes with optimization and customization options in order to provide an improved battery life, more speeds, new themes and background images and a lot more (you can anytime check our source page, click here, for further details).
Now, if you want to safely and quickly install the IMaGinary ICS ROM on your Galaxy Ace, you will have to first apply the next list of operations. There I have mentioned the pre requisites so it is important for you to perform the same. Else, you will risk in bricking your device and I know you don’t want that to happen.
- Each time you are about to make changes on your phone, it is a good idea to start with a backup operation. The same can be applied in our case, especially because a wipe will have to be performed. So, if you don’t want to lose all of your personal info and saves, complete the backup (you can save almost everything from your phone, the contacts, messages and EFS folder being included- just use our backup and restore guides).
- Use the recovery image and make a Nandroid backup if you want to save the current ROM too.
- Then, continue the pre requisites by gaining root access; the ICS software can’t be flashed unless you have a rooted Galaxy Ace.
- After rooting download and install CWM recovery, or any other custom recovery image, on your handset.
- The warranty will get void; for restoring the same downgrade to the stock Gingerbread ROM (you have a suitable guide here on Android.gs so don’t hesitate and use the same if needed).
A computer or notebook along with the phone’s USB cord is also required because you will have to download the update file before applying it on your Galaxy Ace. For avoiding the unpleasant situations you need to uninstall the security programs from the computer and from your handset (these tools are usually interfering with the flashing procedure) and you also have to charge the battery of your device (especially if you notice that the power left is less than 60%; else the smartphone might get turned off in the middle of the our work). Don’t forget to enable the USB debugging option from your phone and apply the next steps only for the Samsung Galaxy Ace model number S5830.
How to Update Galaxy Ace S5830 with IMaGinary ICS Custom ROM Firmware
- As mentioned, you have to use your computer for downloading the update file.
- For that use the download link from here.
- Then, use the USB cable and connect the phone with the computer.
- Copy-paste, or drag and drop the IMaGinry ICS ROM on your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the devices and turn off your Galaxy Ace.
- Reboot while pressing and holding the Home and Power buttons.
- The recovery mode menu should be displayed on your Ace.
- First of all wipe the system: select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition” followed by “advanced -> Wipe dalvik cache” and “advanced -> wipe battery stats”.
- Return to the recovery menu: select “+++go back+++”.
- From there select “install zip from sd card” and “choose zip from sd card”.
- Take the update file and apply the same on your handset.
- In the end, redo the full wipe (repeat the above steps).
- And then select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”.
- The first boot will take longer than usual, so don’t panic there is nothing wrong with your Galaxy Ace.
That was all for now. The tutorial has been completed meaning that your Samsung Galaxy Ace is now running the Android 4.0 ICS styled IMaGinary custom ROM firmware. According to those who had already tried and tested the software there are no bugs or issues. But if you do find something that isn’t working properly share the problems with us and with other users who might want to apply this new ROM on their Ace.