Update Galaxy Ace S5830 with SGS3 Styled S’Periance Custom ROM
The Galaxy Ace might be a low range Android based smartphone but due to its decent performances and affordable price tag it still manages to be one of the most used and popular handsets among worldwide users. Furthermore, due to the same reasons, if you own such a device you can easily notice that there are many updates available for your Galaxy Ace, and this even though Samsung announced that there won’t be any official ICS or Jelly Bean firmware provided for the mentioned phone. From the list of software that are being available for the Galaxy Ace S5830 I now bring you the Galaxy S3 styled S’Periance custom ROM firmware.
As usual, we will be checking in how to install the S’Periance software on your Ace by explaining and detailing an easy to follow and to understand step by step guide, so if you want to try something new for your handset, completing this tutorial is exactly what you need. Remember that there are many custom updates, like the present one, available for your phone, so before deciding whether to flash or not the S’Periance OS check our “update Samsung Galaxy Ace” section and see if this is indeed the ROM suitable with your demands.
The S’Periance ROM is being based on the latest Gingerbread 2.3.6 system that was released for the Galaxy Ace and brings many features and capabilities, most of them ported from the Samsung Galaxy S3 and Samsung Galaxy S2. So, if you do decide to install the Gingerbread 2.3.6 powered S’Periance firmware on your Galaxy Ace you will be able to update your smartphone with extra features that cannot be found in the default version of the Android system and also customize the looks and optimize the performances.
But, if you want to learn more about the present update and about its features, I recommend you to go here. The Galaxy S3 powered S’Periance Gingerbread 2.3.6 software has been developed and launched by those of xda-developers so we have them to thanks for this tutorial. As you can tell, this is not an official update for your Galaxy Ace, so the only way in which you can flash the same is by completing a manual operation. The procedure will be explained during the next lines, where you will also learn how to prepare your device for the update process that will shortly follow.
- Backup the Galaxy Ace data. A full wipe must be applied, so it is more than recommended for you to save your personal saves before heading to other tasks.
- It is a good idea to make a Nandroid backup tool; in the end you will be able to restore the current ROM if needed.
- Root the Galaxy Ace system. The S’Perience Gingerbread 2.3.6 custom ROM needs to access the internal system of your phone and the root operation is granted this access.
- Install a custom recovery image, such as CWM recovery on your handset. Root the OS first because the recovery image can be flashed only on an unchained system.
- The warranty will get void because this is an unofficial update; you can restore the warranty by downgrading to the stock Gingerbread software.
- You need to download the update file on a computer and then transfer the same on your handset; because of the ensure that you have access to a notebook or computer and make sure that the Ace and its USB cord are near you.
- Enable the USB debugging option on your device.
- Charge the battery of your phone.
- Deactivate the antivirus and Firewall protection that is being installed and running on both computer and handset.
- Complete the steps from below only for the Samsung Galaxy Ace model number S5830 because the SGS3 powered S’Perience firmware will work only on the mentioned device; installing the OS on a similar handset will brick the same.
How to Update Galaxy Ace S5830 with SGS3 Styled S’Periance Custom ROM Firmware
- Use the link from here, or from here and get the update file.
- Use the USB cable and connect the device with the computer.
- Transfer this file on the phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the phone by removing / unplugging the USB cable.
- Turn off the Ace.
- Reboot by pressing the Home and Power buttons. In this way the recovery mode will be entered.
- Once the recovery menu displayed, use it for applying the wipe. Backup the data first.
- Select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Return to the main menu: select “+++go back+++”.
- And from there select “install zip from sd card” followed by “choose zip from sd card”.
- Pick the update file which you have downloaded before and start the update operation.
- When the update is installed, select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”; done.
That’s all for today; your Samsung Galaxy Ace has been successfully installed with the Galaxy S3 styled S’Periance Gingerbread 2.3.6 custom ROM firmware. If you don’t like the software use the recovery menu once more and select to restore the stock ROM (if you have previously applied a Nandroid backup). Share your thoughts with us and with other users who might want to flash this OS and stay close to us as we will bring more updates, tutorials and Android related tricks and tips during the following days.