Update Galaxy Beam I8530 to Official JB 4.1.2 XXAMF1 OS
The Galaxy Beam is a mid-range Android based smartphone that was released last year with a 4 inch display, dual core processor and video-projector integrated, while Gingerbread was installed above all. Well, the Beam is not a popular device among Android users due to its decent but not high performances, but Samsung decided to update the phone to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 eventually. So if you want to learn how to manually install the stock Android 4.1.2 JB XXAMF1 firmware on your Galaxy Beam I8530, follow and complete this step by step guide.
So, if you want to flash the latest features and apps on your Galaxy Beam, along with important bug fixes for improving the Android experience, apply the official Android JB 4.1.2 update. The software has been OTA released by Samsung but the ROM will be offered in phases / gradually so not all the users will receive the platform at the same time. Furthermore, if you own a rooted handset, then you won’t be able to receive the OTA release; therefore, you will have to install the JB 4.1.2 XXAMF1 OS manually, or else you will not be able to update your Samsung Galaxy Beam.
This guide will be compatible with rooted and un-rooted smartphones meaning that you will be able to flash the stock Android OS on both locked and unlocked systems. But, after installing the ROM, if your phone has been previously rooted or installed with a custom software, the root access will be revoked and the stock Jelly Bean OS will be applied. Furthermore, the warranty –in case it has been previously voided – will now be restored.
On this update process Odin will be used. Odin is a custom app developed by Samsung and offered especially for these types of operations. So, you have nothing to worry about as all the stuffs explained here are official ones. Since this is a manual update method, for performing the same you will have to use a Windows running computer (Odin will be installed there) on which there shouldn’t be any security tools installed; the security programs might interfere with Odin and we don’t want that to happen.
Even though it is unlikely to lose your data by using Odin, in rare cases the same can get corrupted. So, if you want to ensure that your personal info and accounts are in safe hands, before starting to update the Galaxy Beam to official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXAMF1 OS, complete a backup operation. By backing up the data you can save almost everything that is saved on the internal storage memory (contacts, messages, call logs, EFS, and so on) and if your phone is rooted you can also save the current ROM.
Beside that, you also have to enable the USB debugging option from your Galaxy Beam – just head to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”. If you don’t do that then you might have problems when trying to connect your handset with your computer. Now, it will be indicated to charge the battery of your smartphone because the update operation will take a while and your phone might get turned off in the middle of the flashing process – then you will risk in bricking your device; so charge the battery especially if there is less than 60% power left.
This step by step guide can be applied only on the Samsung Galaxy Beam model number I8530. The Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXAMF1 firmware has been rolled out only for the mentioned handset so don’t use the next steps if you own a similar or different Android based device – you can brick your phone.
How to Update Galaxy Beam I8530 to Official JB 4.1.2 XXAMF1 OS
- You will be able to properly use Odin only if the Samsung Galaxy Beam drivers are installed on your computer; flash the drivers by using Samsung KIES.
- Then, download the firmware file from here and unzip the same – preferable on Desktop.
- Also, download and install Odin.
- Turn off your device.
- Reboot by pressing Volume Down, Home and Power buttons – download mode will be displayed.
- On the computer run Odin.
- Connect your handset with the PC by plugging in the USB cord.
- Now Odin should recognize your device: you should notice the “added” message displayed on the tool while the ID:COM section from the same should be yellow or blue.
- If that isn’t happening, then you will have to disconnect the Beam from the computer, close Odin and re-install the drivers on the computer; then repeat the update procedure.
- Then, from Odin you will have to select “PDA”.
- Up next pick the Android 4.1.2 firmware file from the desktop.
- Note: don’t make any other changes on Odin; the re-partition section must be unchecked.
- Select “start”.
- In the end, the “pass” message will be displayed on Odin.
- Unplug the UB cable and reboot your Galaxy Beam.
- Note 2: if the first boot will take longer than usual, don’t panic; there is nothing wrong with your phone.
- Note 3: if, on the other hand, you handset will get stuck in a boot loop, you will have to: reboot it in recovery mode – by holding and pressing the Power, Volume Up and Home buttons; then from recovery wipe the system by selecting “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition” – that’s why the backup is recommended; return to recovery and select “reboot system now”.
- Note 4: also Odin might get stuck; basically if that happens, you need to: close the tool, disconnect the Beam from the computer, force-restart the phone, reinstall the drivers on the PC, run Odin, boot the handset in download mode, connect the devices and repeat the steps from above.
That was all for now. Your Samsung Galaxy Beam I8530 has been installed with latest official / stock Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXAMF1 OS. This is the official release of the Android platform so there shouldn’t be any bugs included in the system. Anyway, test the new software and share your impressions with us; if you are not satisfied by the firmware, then consider in flashing a custom ROM, which will power up, customize and optimize the performances of your handset. Of course for making such operation, you will have to first root your Galaxy Beam and install a custom recovery image into its system; but more about the same will be detailed during our further step by step guide so stay close.