The Galaxy Fame can be now updated to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS as the XXAMC4 firmware has been released for the same. The software is OTA available for all the S6810P devices, but if you rather choose to manually update your phone, then you might want to use this step by step guide. The tutorial will take you through the installation procedure and in the end your Samsung Galaxy Fame will be running on the stock Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXAMC4 ROM.
As usual, when manually updating Samsung devices with official Android systems Odin is used; the same can be applied today, as for installing the Android XXAMC4 firmware on the Galaxy Fame we will be using the mentioned app that is designed by Samsung. Anyway, even though this is an official operation, you still have to be careful as if something bad happens you will brick your smartphone. So, stick to the present tutorial, try not to mess things up and don’t apply things without consulting the lines from below.
The best is that you won’t void the warranty of your phone by completing this step by step guide. Also, if your device has been rooted or updated with a custom ROM firmware, now you will be able to re-flash the stock Android OS and also restore the warranty back to your Galaxy Fame. Unfortunately, if you do have a rooted smartphone, after applying the official Jelly Bean XXAMC4 OS, the root access will be revoked; don’t worry though as you will be able to re-unchain your handset by performing a root procedure that is suitable with the new XXAMC4 software.
As mentioned, Odin will be used on the update operation so you don’t have to worry about other things, like installing a custom recovery image or who knows what else. The installation procedure is easy and can be completed in just a couple of minutes. But before heading to the proper steps you first need to prepare your Galaxy Fame; in order to make things right, read and apply the next lines and tasks.
- A backup is recommended as in some cases (rare ones) a wipe of the system is being required, so for avoiding the unpleasant situations save everything you need to.
- For completing a full backup you can anytime download free backup and restore apps from Google Play; or you can use our suitable guides by searching through our search engine for the same.
- On your phone go to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging” and enable the USB debugging option.
- It is a good idea to check the battery status before going any further; if you notice that there is less than 60% power left, you should plug in the charger.
- You will have to use a computer that has internet access enabled; on the same and on your Galaxy Fame, you should deactivate the antivirus and Firewall protection. Also, uninstall all the others security programs.
- This step by step guide is compatible only with the Samsung Galaxy Fame model number S6810P as the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXAMC4 OS has been released only for the mentioned handset; trying to install the ROM on a different device will probably brick your smartphone.
How to Update Galaxy Fame S6810P to Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXAMC4 OS
- In order to succeed with this operation you need to install the Galaxy Fame drivers on your computer. So, download and install Samsung KIES on your PC.
- Next, you also have to download and install Odin.
- Of course, don’t forget to download the firmware file; you can get it from here.
- Extract the Jelly Bean XXAMC4 OS on the Desktop.
- On the computer open Odin, click on PDA and pick the update file.
- Turn off your smartphone, or just reboot into download mode.
- For download mode press and hold Power, Volume Down and Menu buttons at the same time.
- Then, use the USB cable and connect your phone with the computer.
- Take a look on Odin because now the ID:COM section should be yellow or blue and the “added” message must be displayed.
- If different, you need to re-install the drivers on the computer (first close Odin and unplug the USB cable) and then to repeat the steps from above.
- So, after picking the update firmware, from Odin click on “Start” (the re-partition box must be unchecked).
- Wait a few minutes while the Jelly Bean OS is flashed on your Fame.
- In the end (the pass message will be displayed) you have to reboot your device in order to apply the changes.
If Odin gets stuck:
- Close Odin.
- Unplug the USB cord.
- Force restart your phone.
- Re-install the drivers on the computer.
- Start the update procedure from the beginning.
If your smartphone gets stuck in a boot loop:
- Reboot your Galaxy Fame into recovery mode.
- For recovery mode press and hold Power, Volume Up and Home keys together.
- Select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Select “+++go back+++” followed by “reboot system now”.
If you are dealing with any other issues, share the problems with us by using the comments area from below and we will try to resolve the same as soon as possible. Your Samsung Galaxy Fame should now be updated with the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXAMC4 OS so our job for today is done.