Update Samsung Galaxy Fit with iPhone-like CM7 Android 4.0.4 ICS based Joy Custom ROM Firmware
The Galaxy Fit might be a low range smartphone with outdated specs, but you can still improve its system, as a new custom ROM firmware has been leaked. So, this time we will be checking in how to update your Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670 with the iPhone-like Joy custom firmware. The software is being based on the CM7 platform, meaning that many of its features will be ported to your phone. Also, this update is being offered by those of xda-developers so we have them to thanks for the present step by step guide.
Now, this update is the most stable one released for the Galaxy Fit users, so by flashing the same you will be able to enjoy a smooth firmware. Furthermore, there will be added many features and capabilities so that you can obtain more power from your phone, enjoy the improved battery life and more. The Joy custom ROM is in its second version, so if you had experienced the first release, now you can easily upgrade it. The installation procedure will be easy to apply as all you need to do is to follow and complete the steps from the present tutorial.
But for being able to flash this CM7 based custom ROM that looks like the iPhone iOS you must first read and perform the preparation tasks. That’s why you should begin with a backup. As you will see a little bit later, a wipe of the system must be completed meaning that the data which is being saved on your Galaxy Fit internal storage memory will be erased. Therefore, take your time and save the contacts, the text messages, the EFS folder, the current ROM, the market apps and everything else you need to. You have backup and restore guides here on Android.gs, so just search for the same.
Then, also for being able to update your Fit with the iPhone and CM7 based Joy ROM, you need to root your smartphone. By rooting, the warranty will get void, so if something bad happens you will be by yourselves. These operations are being considered risky and we shouldn’t be held responsible if you brick your handset. After gaining root access you should also install a custom recovery image, like CWM recovery, a tool which will be used for the flashing process (you will see how during the proper steps). In the end, you need to take care of the list from below:
- You will have to use a computer where you should place the update file; on the PC and on your smartphone there shouldn’t be any security programs installed. If different, just deactivate them.
- Then, your device should be charged (the power remained should be at least 70%) or else your phone might get turned off in the middle of the operation.
- You must enable the USB debugging option on your Galaxy Fit. For that, go to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”.
- Don’t forget to backup, root and install a custom recovery image on your device.
- And finally, make sure you are not applying this tutorial for a similar handset with the Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670 as you can easily brick it.
How to Update Galaxy Fit with iPhone-like CM7 based Joy Custom ROM Firmware
- Use the link from here and download the Joy update package on your computer.
- When the download is ended, connect the device with the PC via its USB cable.
- Now, just copy and then paste the same file from the PC to your phone SD card.
- Once you are ready, unplug the USB cord.
- Also, turn off the phone as it must be rebooted in recovery mode.
- For reaching the recovery you should press and hold the Menu Button while pressing on the Power one.
- From recovery, the first thing that must be performed is the wipe; just select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Return to the main menu by selecting “+++go back+++”.
- Then, select “install zip from sd card” followed by “choose zip from sd card”.
- You can now select the update file from the SD card and also start the installation process.
- The operation should take a couple of minutes.
- In the end, all you need to do is to select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now” and you are done.
Well, now you know how to update the Samsung Galaxy Fit with the CM7 based Joy custom ROM firmware. Remember that this update is coming with the iPhone theme, so your OS should look like Apple’s one. Anyway, test the firmware and see how it performs. If you have problems or questions, share the same with us by using the comments area from below and we will shortly assist you.