If you want the latest release of Android OS for your Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082 then you should flash the new official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUBMHD firmware. The update had just been rolled out by Samsung though in limited markets only. So, in case you will need a manual update procedure, during the following lines I will show you how to install JB 4.2.2 XXUBMHD OS on the I9082 model of the Samsung Galaxy Grand.
The Galaxy Grand had received the first Android 4.2.2 a few months ago, so this new variant of JB 4.2.2 is only coming with few stability improvements and bug fixes. Anyway, since is the latest Android platform available for the Grand I9082, XXUBMHD firmware is stable and fast. Everything is working like a charm so you will not be dealing with heating issues or with battery drain problems. So, if you want to apply the ROM on your device, use the guidelines from below.
As stated, the Android 4.2.2 JB XXUBMHD software is also OTA available in some regions, so if you don’t have a rooted device, go to “settings -> about phone -> firmware version” and check for the notification. If there is no OTA update spotted, or if your Galaxy Grand is rooted then a manual update procedure will be required – here is when this tutorial will be helpful for you.
Good, but for being able to manually install the stock Android OS on your handset you first have to complete the pre requisites. Therefore, before doing anything else, take a look below and check the preparation tasks explained on the following list.
- This is a manual procedure that is compatible only with the Samsung Galaxy Grand model number I9082. The Android 4.2.2 JB XXUBMHD firmware has been officially released only for the mentioned device, so don’t use this steps for flashing the ROM on a different smartphone or tablet.
- This tutorial can be completed for both rooted and unrooted devices.
- If your phone is rooted, the root access will be revoked and the lost warranty regained.
- Odin will be used on the flashing process, so a Windows running computer or notebook is being required while your Grand and its USB cable must be near you.
- A backup is required though losing your data is unlikely since Odin will be used; but when it comes to your contacts, messages, call logs, market apps and so on, it will be better to be cautious. For a proper backup use suitable apps from Google Play, or use suitable step by step guides.
- On the computer that will be used there shouldn’t be any antivirus, antimalware or security protection installed; deactivate the protection if there is one.
- Your phone must be charged before going any further or else it might get turned off in the middle of the update procedure – you will also risk in damaging its internal system.
- The Galaxy Grand drivers must be installed on your PC; else Odin will not recognize your handset. If you don’t have the drivers, use Samsung KIES for installing the same.
- Stick to the steps from below if you want to safely apply Android 4.2.2 JB XXUBMHD firmware on your phone and for avoiding the unpleasant situations that might appear.
How to Update Galaxy Grand I9082 with latest Android 4.2.2 JB XXUBMHD Official Firmware
- Download the XXUBMHD firmware on your computer – get the file from this page.
- Unzip the update package on desktop.
- Remember to install Galaxy Grand drivers on the computer.
- Download Odin.
- Unzip and install the program.
- Also, launch Odin on your computer.
- Turn off your phone.
- Wait a few seconds and then press power, home and volume down buttons at the same time for booting into download mode.
- Use the USB cable and connect your smartphone with the computer.
- Odin will recognize your phone: ID:COM will turn blue or yellow and “added” message will be displayed.
- If something isn’t working as explained, unplug the USB cable, close Odin and reflash the drivers; then retry the steps from above.
- From Odin select “PDA”.
- Pick the update file.
- Click on “start”.
- Don’t make any changes just sit back and relax while Android 4.2.2 is being installed on your Galaxy Grand.
- When the “pass” message will be displayed and when ID:COM will turn green you will be done.
- So, disconnect the handset from the computer.
- Also, reboot your device.
- If a boot loop is what you get, reboot your device in recovery mode and select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Also, if Odin gets stuck, you should close the program, remove the USB cable, force restart your phone, reinstall the Grand drivers and repeat the update procedure from the beginning.
If dealing with any other issues, use the comments area from below for sharing the problems with our team; we will try to resolve the issues and assist you as soon as possible. Also, do share your impressions with us and with others that might want to follow this step by step guide. So, that was all for today; your Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082 has been manually updated with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean official XXUBMHD firmware.