As you know Samsung released a new Android OTA update for the Galaxy Grand I9082 smartphones; the September release of Android 4.2.2 JB OS comes with important stability improvements that are unveiling a stable firmware that is removing all the previous bugs and issues from the Android system. So, if you want to update your Galaxy Grand with the latest version of JB 4.2.2 software, dubbed as XXUBMHF, but you haven’t received the OTA by now, use this step by step guide and apply the guidelines from below.
As mentioned Android 4.2.2 JB XXUBMHF OS is stable and is smoothly running on the Galaxy grand; at least according to those who have applied the firmware. The ROM is OTA available in limited markets, but since we are talking about an official release, the OTA will be offered gradually which means that some users will receive the JB 4.2.2 treatment sooner than others. On the other hand, the rooted devices will not receive the XXUBMHF OTA Android 4.2.2 at all, as on unlocked handsets the stock updates aren’t spotted. So, you will have to manually update your Galaxy Grand with the XXUBMHF software.
In this case the present tutorial will be useful, as the guidelines from below will easily teach you how to manually update your Samsung branded smartphone. It’s important that we are talking about a Samsung device, as on this case Odin is being required. Odin is a complex tool, used on these kinds of procedures that is designed and offered by Samsung. So, you will use an official app for applying an official Android 4.2.2 update on your Galaxy Grand I9082.
Considering the mentioned aspects, here is what it should be clear for you so far: you don’t have to root your smartphone for being able to complete this tutorial; the guide is suitable with both rooted and unrooted devices; now you can restore the warranty (if it has been previously voided) of your phone since the stock Android OS will be flashed; a custom recovery image isn’t required because Odin will be used on the update operation; the guide can be easily applied though you still have to read all the lines from this step by step guide.
A Windows running computer must be near you as on the same you will install and run Odin. It is recommended to uninstall or deactivate the antivirus, antimalware, Firewall or any other security protection that is running on your computer or notebook. On the computer install the Galaxy Grand drivers or else Odin will not recognize your smartphone and you won’t be able to flash the Android 4.2.2 XXUBMHF firmware. Your handset must have enough battery life left – at least 60% power – or else your phone might get turned off (you will risk in bricking the system) in the middle of the installation procedure. So, charge your device if needed. Furthermore, you will have to enable USB debugging option on your Grand; you can do it by going to “settings -> applications -> development”.
Optional, but recommended is to backup your Galaxy Grand data. By using Odin the data will not be erased as the system will not be wiped. But, in rare cases users reported that their data has been corrupted while Odin was running. SO for avoiding the unpleasant situations, use suitable backup and restore apps and save everything that’s on the internal storage memory of your handset; I’m talking about contacts, messages, call logs, internet settings, calendar info, market apps and of course personal info and accounts.
Good, now you are almost ready; next we will be checking on how to update the galaxy Grand to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS via XXUBMHF firmware. Do note that this step by step guide is suitable only with the mentioned smartphone – model number I9082; don’t apply these guidelines if you own a different handset as you can end up in bricking your Android based device.
How to Update Galaxy Grand I9082 to September release of Android 4.2.2 JB XXUBMHF Firmware
- Download the update file from here.
- Save the file on desktop and unzip the package.
- Remember to install Galaxy Grand drivers on the computer you are using – get Samsung KIES and flash the drivers if needed.
- Finally, download Odin.
- Unzip, install and also run Odin on your computer.
- Take your phone and turn it off; wait a few seconds and then boot into download mode.
- For download mode press and hold Volume down, home and power buttons at the same time.
- Connect your handset with the PC via USB cable.
- Take a look on Odin as the program must recognize your Galaxy Grand: ID:COM section must turn yellow or blue while the “added” message must be displayed.
- If not, you will have to reinstall the drivers on your PC; then repeat the steps from above.
- If everything is working as expected, from Odin select “PDA”.
- Pick the firmware file from desktop.
- Click on “start” without making any other changes on Odin.
- In the end, the “pass” message will be displayed on your computer and the ID:COM section will now turn green.
- When that happens you will be able to remove the USB cord and reboot your smartphone.
- If Odin gets stuck, you need to turn it off; also unplug the USB cable, force restart your Galaxy Grand and reinstall the drivers on the PC; then repeat the steps from the beginning.
- If your phone gets stuck in a boot loop, you need to reboot in recovery from where you have to select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”; choose “reboot system now” and you are done.
Good job, you have completed the step by step guide, which means that now you know how to manually update the Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082 to September release of Android 4.2.2 XXUBMHF Jelly Bean OS, which is the latest firmware available for the mentioned handset. For sharing your experience and thoughts with us, use the comments field from below.