The Galaxy Grand handset had already received the official Jelly Bean touch, but it seems that the platform hasn’t been as stable as Samsung or we believed. First, the XXAMAB firmware was released, then the XXAMC8 software was rolled out and now, a new version of the Android 4.1.2 OS has been launched. Therefore, and as usual, we will be checking on how to manually update the Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082 to official and latest Jelly Bean XXAMCE ROM.
This procedure will be similar with the ones that were explained for those who had applied the previous versions of the Jelly Bean platform on their Samsung Galaxy Grand, so you have nothing to worry about; you can rely on our experience. Therefore, Odin will be used on this guide. But before heading to the proper flashing procedure, you first have to apply the pre requisites and ensure that everything is being prepared for the update operation that will shortly follow.
In order to be sure that nothing unexpected happens, you need to start this guide with a backup operation. Yes, even though you will flash the stock / official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 OS on your Galaxy Grand, you still have to save your personal info and data. You see, if something bad happens, and Odin gets stuck while you are trying to apply the firmware, then you will need to wipe the system of your phone. Therefore, before starting the steps from below, make sure that all of your data and recent saves are in safe hands.
Then, you should know that an official update cannot be OTA or by using KIES installed on a rooted device. Therefore, in case your Galaxy Grand is rooted, you can apply the Android 4.1.2 OS only by completing the present method. But, after flashing the software, the root access will be revoked, the bootloader relocked and the factory restrictions reinstalled. Even though your phone will be once more locked, you will be able to restore the lost warranty (the warranty will get void when you will root your device, or when you will update your Grand with a custom ROM firmware).
Also, if you have installed a custom recovery image on your device, now the same will be replaced with the stock recovery. Therefore, after completing this tutorial you will have to reinstall the tool once more (of course after gaining root access). Anyway, the best part is that you will be able to enjoy the stock Jelly Bean OS, which now will be more stable since the previous release of the firmware.
In order to make things right you need to uninstall the security programs from your computer (you need to have access to a Windows running computer) and from your Galaxy Grand. So, make sure that the antivirus and Firewall protection is deactivated. Then, you have to check the USB debugging option from here: “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”. Also, you need to check the battery status of your handset: if there is less than 60% power left you will have to charge your Grand; if not you can skip this step. Now, you can safely begin the update operation as you have completed the pre requisites.
Final note: this step by step guide should be applied only by the Samsung Galaxy Grand model number I9082 users; the tutorial is compatible only with the mentioned handset so don’t try to flash the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXAMCE OS on a similar or different Android based device.
How to Update Galaxy Grand I9082 to Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXAMCE OS
- In order to properly use Odin, you first need to install the Galaxy Grand drivers on your computer.
- So, first of all download and install Samsung KIES.
- Then, of course, download and install Odin.
- And next, go here and download the update file on your computer and extract the same (on Desktop if possible).
- On the computer open Odin and then turn off your phone.
- Reboot it by pressing and holding the Power, Volume Down and Center buttons at the same time; now the Grand will be booted into download mode.
- Connect the handset with the computer by using the USB cord.
- On Odin, now you should notice that the ID:COM is yellow or blue and that the “added” message has been displayed.
- If different, you need to re-install the drivers on your computer (first unplug the USB cable and then restart Odin).
- Up next, go on Odin and click on “PDA”.
- Then pick the update file from the desktop.
- Don’t change anything else on Odin (the Re-partition options shouldn’t be enabled).
- Click on “Start”.
- In the end (when the “pass” message will be displayed) you can disconnect the Galaxy Grand from the computer and you can also reboot the same.
- When trying to install an official software by using Odin, some problems might appear. Take a look below for learning on how to resolve the issues.
- If Odin gets stuck:
- Close Odin on your computer.
- Then, install the Galaxy Grand drivers once more.
- Force restart your phone; on the computer open Odin.
- Reconnect the handset with the PC and complete the rest of the update operation.
- If in the end you will get a boot loop:
- Reboot by pressing the Power, Volume Up and Center buttons at the same time.
- The recovery mode menu will be displayed.
- From there first select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Then choose “+++go back+++” followed by “reboot system now”.
- Your device will boot into Jelly Bean XXAMCE OS.
There you have it; that was the how to procedure that can be used by those who need to learn how to manually update the Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082 to Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXAMCE firmware. So, we are done for today; if you have questions or if you want to talk with us, share your thoughts by using the comments section from below.