Samsung is preparing the release of the official Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OTA update for the Galaxy Grand, the firmware being expected somewhere during the following weeks; but until then, another minor OS improvement has been rolled out and can be anytime flashed by the Samsung Galaxy Grant I9082 users. I am talking about the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXAMC8 ROM which can be applied manually, or over the air (OTA) depending on what you need or prefer. This tutorial will take you through the manual update operation, so by completing the same you will be able to flash the new Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXAMC8 OS on your Galaxy Grand.
This update comes to improve the previous release of Jelly Bean, the XXAMAB software, therefore the XXAMC8 firmware has been designed only to resolve the reported bugs and issues; don’t expect to see important features added as you will be disappointed. Anyway, it is more than recommended to apply this new official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 OS especially because the Android 4.2 ROM is being prepared for your Galaxy Grand. So, for enjoying a stable Android experience and for getting the latest apps and features always ensure that you update your device with the stock / official software.
It is important to know that a manual procedure is not similar with the OTA, or with the KIES one. Even though we will update the Galaxy Grand with an official Jelly Bean firmware, you should be careful as this is a complex and risky operation. Because of that you first have to read some things and apply the pre requisites for preparing your phone in order to safely install the XXAMC8 OS into its system. I have summed out the preparation tasks and the aspects related to a step by step guide during the following list; don’t skip this section because it is the most relevant one.
- By applying this tutorial you will not void the warranty of your Samsung Galaxy Grand. Furthermore, in case the warranty has been previously voided, now you can restore it.
- This is an official software and not a custom ROM firmware so the update process will be easier in our case; you don’t have to own a rooted Galaxy Grand and you don’t have to install a custom recovery image on your handset.
- In case you do own a rooted smartphone, the root access will be revoked as soon as you start the update procedure explained below.
- Even though it is unlikely to lose your data by following this method, it is still recommended to backup your personal info before going any further.
- Also, if possible apply a Nandroid backup too for saving the current ROM.
- If you will need or want to root the new Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXAMC8 OS then you can use one of our how to root guides: a general method that can be used for almost all the Android based handsets, or a dedicated one click root solution designed to work for almost all the Samsung branded devices.
- You will need to use a Windows running computer with internet connection enabled and you will have to use your Grand and its USB cable.
- On both devices (computer and phone) you need to deactivate the security settings and programs; these tools are usually interfering with the update process.
- Also, enable the USB debugging option on your handset for being able to properly connect it with the computer.
Those were the essential pre requisites. Complete them if you want to safely update your Galaxy Grand to official Jelly Bean firmware. If you choose to skip the previous list, then you will also risk in bricking your handset while trying to upgrade its system. Now, finally, it should be clear for you that this tutorial is compatible only with the Samsung Galaxy Grand model number I9082; don’t try this method for a similar Android based device.
How to Update Galaxy Grand to Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXAMC8 OS
- First on the computer you must get the proper drivers for your phone. In order to do so, download and install Samsung KIES.
- Then, download and install Odin on your computer.
- And, finally download the update file by using the link from here.
- Extract the update file on the Desktop.
- On the computer open Odin; turn off the phone.
- Reboot the same into download mode by pressing and holding the Power, Volume Down and Center buttons at the same time.
- With the Grand booted into download mode, connect the smartphone with the computer via USB cable.
- As soon as you complete the up mentioned step, on Odin you should notice: the ID:COM is yellow or blue and the “added” message is displayed.
- If not, you need to: close Odin, reinstall the drivers on the computer, run Odin, re-connect the phone with the PC and repeat the steps from above.
- Then, from Odin select the option named “PDA”.
- Pick the update file; don’t make any other changes on Odin.
- Press the “start” button on Odin and wait while the firmware is being flashed.
- In the end, the “pass” message will be displayed meaning that you can safely unplug the USB cable and reboot your Galaxy Grand.
If in the end, your phone gets stuck in a boot loop, then you will need to:
- Reboot into recovery mode by pressing the Power, Volume Up and Center buttons at the same time.
- From the recovery menu select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Finally, select “+++go back+++” followed by “reboot system now” and you are done.
Also, if during the update procedure Odin will get stuck you will have to:
- Unplug the USB cable.
- Close Odin.
- Reinstall the drivers on the computer.
- Force restart your Galaxy Grand.
- Repeat the update procedure from the beginning.
That was all for today; now you know how to manually update the Samsung Galaxy Grand with the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXAMC8 OS. Test the new software and use the comments area from below for sharing your impressions with us. Also, stay close as soon we will show you how to update your Grand to upcoming Jelly Bean 4.2.
Warning: file_get_contents(https://plusone.google.com/u/0/_/+1/fastbutton?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.android.gs%2Fupdate-galaxy-grand-official-jelly-bean-4-1-2-xxamc8%2F): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 500 Internal Server Error in /home/android/public_html/wp-content/themes/v3/func.php on line 153