Do you want to manually update your Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE I9205 to latest and stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS? If so, then you will have to use this step by step guide, which will show you how to flash the XXUAMH2 firmware on your phone. XXUAMH2 is the name tagged for the latest release of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS which has been OTA launched for the Galaxy Mega 6.3. So, by using this guide you will be able to get a stable Android system that is official and OTA available.
But why to use a manual update procedure since the XXUAMH2 is already OTA available? Well if you don’t know, or if you are a new Android user, when Samsung is rolling out official updates, the same are being gradually pushed out, or in some cases the firmware is available only in limited markets. Because of that, you might want to stop waiting and trying to apply the ROM manually. So, here is when the tutorial will come in handy. Also, if your Galaxy Mega 6.3 is rooted or installed with a custom ROM, a manual update procedure will be required as on rooted handsets the OTA releases can’t be spotted or installed.
As you know, the last official update released by Samsung for the LTE variant of Galaxy Mega 6.3 was also Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS, but the version number XXUAMH1. The software though is buggy and there are several problems reported by the users. Therefore, if you want to enjoy a more stable variant of Android 4.2.2 on your Mega 6.3 then you must complete the guidelines from below for flashing the new JB 4.2.2 XXUAMH2 update. Don’t worry, the present system comes without issues and is more faster than the previous version of the same OS.
It should be clear for you that Android 4.2.2 XXUAMH2 is the official software that has been rolled out by Samsung for the Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE model number I9205. That’s why the warranty of your phone will not be voided by using this tutorial. Actually, if your phone is rooted now you will be able to restore the flash counter and bring the warranty back. Furthermore, since we are dealing with the OTA update, the same will work on both rooted (learn how to root your Mega by using the mentioned link) and unrooted Galaxy Mega 6.3 smartphones.
For completing this guide you will have to use Odin. Odin is a dedicated tool that is used on updates procedures (not only for that, but mostly you can apply stock firmwares on Samsung branded devices with this program). Odin is developed by Samsung so you will be using an official program not a custom one that can brick your phone. Anyway, even though everything is official on this operation, you still should be careful as if you somehow mess things up you will end up in bricking your Mega 6.3 LTE – just read all the guidelines from the present tutorial and everything will be fine.
Backup the data that is there on the internal storage memory of your 6.3; a wipe isn’t required but if something wrong happens you will be able to do the wipe anyway (more details about this are being offered below), so for avoiding the unpleasant situations, use suitable backup and restore apps from Google Play and save what you think that you might use or need afterwards.
Good; now do the following:
- A windows based computer will be required so you need to have access on the same.
- On the computer, the best will be to uninstall, or just temporarily deactivate the antivirus and antimalware programs – basically deactivate the security protection – the mentioned programs might interfere with the update operation.
- Make sure that your phone and its USB cable can be used.
- If your device has less than 50% power left, it is recommended to charge its battery before going any further; you will risk in bricking your phone if somehow your Mega 6.3 is getting turned off in the middle of the installation procedure.
- From path “settings – applications – development” you need to enabled USB debugging option on your phone; else you will not be able to connect your device with the computer.
This guide should be used only by the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE I9205 users. Why? Because the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUAMH2 has been OTA released only for the mentioned handset. Unfortunately, if you choose to apply the guidelines from this tutorial on a similar or different gadget you will probably end up in having a bricked Android based device.
How to Update Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE to Android 4.2.2 XXUAMH2 Jelly Bean Firmware
- In order to succeed with this operation, on your computer the Mega 6.3 drivers should be installed. If you don’t have the drivers, you need to download Samsung KIES for getting the same.
- Also, you will have to download the JB 4.2.2 XXUAMH2 firmware file on your computer; get the update package from here.
- Save it on desktop; then unzip the software file.
- Finally, Odin must be installed on the PC.
- So, download the file, unzip the same and then install the program; also, run Odin on your computer before going any further.
- Now, turn off your Galaxy Mega 6.3.
- Press power, volume down and home buttons simultaneously; in this way you will be able to enter in download mode.
- With the device booted in download mode and with Odin running on your computer, take the USB cable and connect both devices.
- Odin will try to recognize your handset.
- If everything works as expected, on Odin the “added” message will be displayed while the ID:COM section will be either yellow or blue.
- If not, it means something isn’t working properly; so close Odin, unplug the USB cable and try to reflash the drivers on your PC. Then repeat the process from above.
- Once everything is working as explained, from Odin select “PDA”.
- From desktop pick the firmware file.
- On Odin, the re-partition and f.reset time options shouldn’t be checked.
- Click on “start”.
- The update operation will begin; don’t press anything else while the process is running.
- When it’s done on Odin the “pass” message will be displayed; also the ID:COM section will now turn green.
- Disconnect your Mega 6.3 from computer and reboot your phone as you are done.
- Take note that the first boot will take longer to complete than usual; don’t panic because there is nothing wrong with your smartphone.
You might encounter two problems: a boot loop and Odin which might get stuck. In order to resolve the first issue you need to:
- Reboot your SGM 6.3 LTE in recovery mode.
- From recovery wipe the system (this is why the backup is required) by selecting “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Select “+++go back+++” and return to main menu of recovery.
- Select “reboot system now” and you are done.
On the other hand, if you have problems while using Odin, you need to follow:
- Close Odin on your computer.
- Remove the USB cord and disconnect the handset from the same.
- Force restart your phone.
- Re-install the USB and Mega 6.3 drivers on your computer.
- Repeat all the steps from the update process described above.
Good, now you can say that the step by step guide has been successfully completed. Well, congratulations as now you know how to manually update your Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE I9205 to official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUAMH2 firmware. You should bookmark this guide because it can be used each time you need to restore to stock Android OS (if you root your handset and want the warranty back, if you install a buggy custom ROM, or if you need to resolve any other issues); anyway, do test the new software in order to see how it runs on your Mega 6.3. Then return here and use the comments area from below for sharing your impressions and thoughts with us and with other users that might want to use and complete the guide from above.