The official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS has been released for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablets, so now you can easily update your device with the latest features available. The firmware can be OTA, or by using KIES applied, though not all the Note 10.1 users will receive the software at the same time. That’s why you might want to manually install the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 system on your device. In order to do so, you must follow and complete the present step by step guide, which will take you through the flashing procedure.
The best part is that the Android 4.1.2 OS has been released by Samsung for the international model WiFi and 3G Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 as well as for the US Cellular variant of the Note 10.1 N8013, meaning that this tutorial can be applied for both handsets too. As mentioned, you should complete this guide only if you want to manually update your Galaxy Note 10.1 to official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 software and only if you haven’t received the OTA firmware yet. The ROM is exactly the same with the OTA one, so there are no differences between them beside the installation method.
Related to the actual update, you need to know that the 4.1.2 is only a minor upgrade, there been only minor changes added into the system. Of course you will get stability and performance improvements along with few features and capabilities but don’t expect something huge. Anyway, whether we are talking about major or minor changes you should always get the latest Android experience for your Galaxy Note 10.1 especially if we talk about the official software.
Now, if you want to manually update your Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000, or N8013, then you will first have to complete some preparation tasks. This, because, you will have to use Odin for performing this tutorial. Don’t worry though as we will be done in just a couple of minutes. Just read and apply the next lines and everything will be ok.
- As usual and each time you want to make changes on and with your tablet you should begin with a backup procedure. Of course it is unlikely to lose your data considering that we are dealing with the official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 update, but we don’t want to risk anything. Therefore save everything you can, starting with the messages, internet settings, EFS and ending with the market apps.
- Then, make sure you are having access to a Windows running computer.
- On the same and on your tablet deactivate all the security options and programs.
- Also, on the computer install the Galaxy Note 10.1 drivers by downloading and installing the KIES tool.
- Enable the USB debugging option on your handset and also charge its battery if there is less than 50% power left; else you will risk in bricking your device.
- You don’t have to gain root access because we will flash the official Android update and not a custom ROM.
- Furthermore if your Note 10.1 is currently rooted, after completing this step by step guide the root access will be revoked.
- All these means that the warranty will not get void; if your tablet is being powered by a custom ROM firmware, after updating with the official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 OS, the warranty will be restored.
- You must complete this tutorial and apply the step from below only for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 (global version) or for the Note 10.1 N8013 (the US Cellular variant of the handset); else you will risk in bricking your Android powered tablet, or smartphone.
How to Update Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 and N8013 with Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS
- First, as already mentioned during the pre requisites you have to download and install the proper drivers on your computer.
- You can do that by installing the KIES software (use the link from above) or you can get the drivers by using this link.
- Then, download the update file; for the N8000 device the download link is here while for the N8013 model you should use the link from here.
- Extract the update file on your PC.
- Then, download and install Odin.
- Up next, turn off the tablet as it must be rebooted in download mode.
- The Note 10.1 can be entered in download mode by pressing and holding the Power and Volume Down buttons.
- On the computer open Odin.
- Then, use the USB cable and connect the device with the PC.
- Once you do that, on Odin the “added” message should be displayed and the ID:COM section should be yellow.
- If different you must re-install the drivers and then re-do the above steps once more.
- Now, go on Odin and click on “PDA”.
- Pick the update file and start the installation procedure (click on “start”).
- Make sure that no other changes are being performed in Odin (the Re-partition option must be unchecked).
- When the update ends, on Odin the “pass” message will be displayed and the tablet will reboot automatically.
- You can now unplug the USB cable as we are done.
There you have it; that was the easiest way from which you could learn how to manually update the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 and N8013 with the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS. The software has been officially released so the update can be OTA applied too, though it will not be available for all the users at the same time. Tell us how things worked for you and share the possible problems with us by using the comments section.