The Galaxy Note 10.1 is one of the best tablets available on the market with specs and features that can be impressive for all the Android fans out there, but in order to obtain more power from your device you should learn how to install a custom ROM on its system. As you know, the ParanoidAndroid software is the most used custom firmware for the Android based tablets, so we will be checking in how to update the same on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 handset. The Paranoid Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 OS can be applied on the N8000 and N8013 versions of the Note 10.1 and all thanks to those of xda-developers who had ported the platform on the mentioned devices.
Anyway, this isn’t an official update released by Samsung for your Galaxy Note 10.1 model number N8000, or N8013 and also it is not the official variant of the ParanoidAndroid software either. This Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean based custom ROM have been developed and installed on the Note 10.1 by the xda-developers team, so we have them to thanks for the present tutorial. Don’t worry though, as even if this is not the official ParanoidAndroid system you will still receive all the custom features and capabilities for optimizing and powering up your tablet’s performances.
By installing the present update on your Galaxy Note 10.1 you will be able to manually customize the user interface, switch between UI modes, adjust app sizes and more. You can read more about the Paranoid Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 custom ROM on our source page, from here. Unfortunately on this version of the update the S Note app will not work. The S Pen feature will still work though for apps like Photoshop, Sketchbook Pro, and Lecture Notes. Beside this, the ParanoidAndroid firmware is a stable software that will smoothly run and work on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.
If you have decided that completing this step by step guide is what you need for your tablet, then you should start by backing up the Note 10.1 data. You see, for being able to flash the ROM on your device you will have to wipe the system which means that all of your personal info will be wiped out. Therefore, backing up the data is more than recommended; don’t hesitate and use our backup and restore guides for learning how to save the EFS folder, the market apps, the contacts, text messages and call logs. Oh, it will also be a good idea to make a Nandroid backup if possible.
Then, you must root your Note 10.1 because the Paranoid Android Jelly bean 4.1.2 OS will work only on a rooted device. The root implies in removing the factory restrictions out from the internal system, meaning that the warranty will get void. That’s why, you should always follow and complete a suitable tutorial; don’t perform things by yourselves as you can end up in bricking your handset. For the future, if you will need so, the warranty can be restored, but only if you are willing to downgrade to the stock ROM, or if you update your Galaxy Note 10.1 with an official software released by Samsung.
Also, a custom recovery image will be used on the update operation. Without this app we cannot complete this tutorial so before going any further, download and install CWM recovery on your Galaxy Note tablet. Take note that the tool can be flashed only on a rooted OS so applying the above lines is a must have. Finally, just before heading to the proper steps that will show you how to install the ParanoidAndroid Jelly Bean 4.1.2 custom ROM on the Note 10.1 N8000 and N8013 you have to perform the next tasks; just check the list from below.
- Some files must be downloaded on a computer or notebook so make sure you have access to the same.
- Then, these files must be placed on your device, meaning that the USB cable should be near you.
- Next, for being sure that nothing unexpected happens, you should uninstall all the security programs that are being running on both computer and handset.
- If on your device you notice that there is less than 60% power left you should charge the battery; else your Galaxy Note 10.1 might get turned off in the middle of the update operation.
- Enable the USB debugging option on your tablet.
- And install the ParanoidAndroid Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean software by using this step by step guide only if you own the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 or N8013.
How to Update Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 and N8013 with ParanoidAndroid Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Custom ROM Firmware
- Download the update file suitable with the version of your device; save the file on your computer.
- For the N8000 the download link is here.
- For the N8013 the download link is here.
- Then, connect the tablet with the computer by using its USB cable.
- Select the downloaded file and copy it from the PC to your handset’s SD card.
- Remove the USB cable.
- Turn off the Note and reboot in recovery mode.
- The recovery mode can be entered if you press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons; when the Samsung logo appears, release the Power button, but keep pressing the Volume up one until the recovery mode is being displayed.
- Remember to backup the data.
- The first thing to do is to wipe the data; for that just select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Select “+++go back+++”.
- And then “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose zip from SD card”.
- You can now take the update file and start the installation procedure.
- When it is done, select “+++go back+++” and end the process with “reboot system now”.
If you notice that the first boot is taking longer than usual, don’t panic, just wait until the tablet is powered on. There is nothing wrong with your device, this is something normal when you install custom ROMs. Also, if you have performed a Nandroid backup, you can easily restore the stock ROM (by rebooting into CWM recovery once more); this if you don’t like the new OS.
So, that was all; now your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 should be running the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean based ParanoidAndroid custom ROM firmware. If you had encountered issues while trying to apply the steps from above, or if you just want to share your impressions with us feel free to do so and use the comments area from below. Also, stay close to us as we are bringing new tutorials daily.