If you want the stock Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS on your Galaxy Note 10.1 but a rooted and deodexed ROM might be more appealing for you, I have the perfect solution for your problems; during the next tutorial we will be checking in how to install the rooted and deodexed stock UECLK8 firmware on your Note 10.1 N8013. This software has been developed by the xda-developers team, so it is not the official Jelly Bean OS, meaning that you cannot OTA or by using KIES apply the same, performing a manual procedure being what you need.
Anyway, for those who rather prefer the official update, but haven’t received the OTA firmware yet, you can always learn how to manually update the Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 and N8013 with Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean by using our suitable step by step guide (use the mentioned link). Now, related to the rooted and deodexed stock Jelly Bean UECLK8 custom ROM you have to know that you will be getting the same features, apps and looks as the official release of the firmware, so your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 will be flashed with the default Android flavor.
But due to the fact that we are dealing with a custom ROM, you can’t apply the software by using Odin, or by using the KIES. Therefore, you must prepare the tablet for the update operation that will shortly follow. I have explained the essential and general pre requisites during the list from below; read all the following lines and don’t skip anything as you will risk in bricking your Note 10.1.
- Your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8013 must be rooted, or else you won’t be able to apply the rooted Jelly Bean 4.1.2 UECLK8 OS.
- Then, you need to install a custom recovery image, like CWM recovery, on your tablet. We will use this tool on the flashing operation, so completing this step is not an option for you.
- By performing this tutorial the warranty of your device will be void. This is happening because you need to root the tablet and because we are dealing with a custom ROM and not with an official software.
- You can restore the warranty by downgrading to the stock ROM (use the guide mentioned above).
- You should backup the Note 10.1 data (messages, EFS, contacts, market apps and so on), or else you will lose all of your personal info and saves.
- If possible you can even make a Nandroid backup.
- Ensure that a computer is near you because you will have to download some files.
- The tablet and its USB cord will also be used.
- There shouldn’t be any security tools installed or running on both computer and device.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled on your Note 10.1.
- And the battery should be charged or else the handset might get turned off while the update is installing and you will risk in bricking it.
- The steps from below must be applied only by those who own the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 model number N8013.
How to Update Galaxy Note 10.1 N8013 with Rooted and Deodexed stock Jelly Bean 4.1.2 UECLK8 Firmware
- As mentioned before, on your computer first download the update file.
- The download link is here; also you can use the link from here if the first one isn’t working.
- You don’t have to get the Google apps package as it is included in the update.
- Now, place the downloaded file from your computer to the tablet; for that first use the USB cable and connect the devices.
- Then, disconnect the Note from the PC and turn the handset off as the recovery mode must be entered.
- For recovery mode you must press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons until the screen turns on; then release the Power button but still press the Volume Up one until the recovery mode is being displayed.
- From the recovery menu select: “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache”; of course it is recommended to backup the data before applying this step.
- Return to the main menu and by using the same this time select “install zip from sd card” and “choose zip from sd card”.
- Take the downloaded file; start the update operation.
- Don’t make any other changes.
- When the process stops, from the recovery menu select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”.
Good job guys you have finally managed to update your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 to rooted and deodexed stock Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean UECLK8 custom ROM. For any questions related to the above explained guide and for sharing your impressions about this software, use the comments area from below.