Last time when we checked on how to update the Galaxy Note 10.1, the CM10 based ParanoidAndroid custom ROM was out, but that was the last Android 4.1 Jelly Bean based software developed for the Note 10.1. Well, staring from now things are about to get changed, as the Resurrection Remix firmware is here; the custom ROM is coming with new features ported from the AOKP and CM9 / 10 platforms an brings the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS to your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. As you can already tell, during the present guide we will be checking in how to install the Resurrection Remix upgrade on your tablet, so let’s get started.
You can apply the tutorial for the Galaxy Note 10.1 model numbers GT-N8000 and GT-N8010, the Jelly Bean Resurrection Remix firmware being suitable with both models of the mentioned device. Take note though because this is not an official ROM released by Samsung for your Note 10.1; you can learn how to manually update your tablet to official Android 4.1 by checking this step by step guide. The present software was made available by those of xda-developers so we have them to thanks for this opportunity.
As mentioned, the Resurrection Remix platform is combining the CM10 /9 and AOKP platforms for bringing the latest features available for the Android system. So, by flashing the custom ROM on your Galaxy Note 10.1 you will be able to power up the performances of your tablet and improve its looks, the firmware featuring its own user interface. Of course the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 software will smoothly run above all; this is the stable version of the update therefore there are no reported bugs or issues.
Now, for being able to safely update your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 you will first have to deal with the pre requisites. That’s why you need to read and complete the next list. If you skip this section you will risk in bricking your tablet. Also, the Jelly Bean based ROM will not run properly on your device, so take your time and apply the next operations.
- You will have to wipe the data (I will show you how at the right time) which means that all of your personal data that are being saved on your Galaxy Note 10.1 will be erased. That’s why you need to backup the messages, call logs, EFS, internet settings and everything else you need to. Also it is recommended to make a Nandroid backup if possible.
- After saving your personal info, you must root the Note 10.1. In this way you will unchain the internal system of your tablet and prepare the same for the installation procedure that will shortly follow.
- By rooting you must understand that the warranty will get void. So, follow a suitable guide and try not to mess things up. If you will need to restore the warranty a downgrade to the stock ROM will be required (or just update with an official firmware).
- Up next, you need to install a custom recovery image, CWM recovery for example, on your Android based tablet.
Those were the essential pre requisites. Now, for the general ones you must: ensure that a Windows running computer is near you; uninstall or deactivate the security programs that are being installed on the computer and on the Galaxy Note 10.1; enable the USB debugging option on your device; charge the battery of your handset. Well, that was all; now your Galaxy Note 10.1 is being prepared for the update operation meaning that you can safely head to the proper steps from below. Anyway, before that, make sure that you are applying this method only for installing the CM10 / 9 and AOKP based Resurrection Remix Jelly Bean custom ROM on the Galaxy Note 10.1 model numbers GT-N8000 and GT-N8010; the software will not work for similar devices.
How to Update Galaxy Note 10.1 with Resurrection Remix Jelly Bean Custom ROM firmware
- Download the update file from here.
- Also download the New settings fix package from here.
- Copy both files on your tablet’s SD card.
- Turn off the Galaxy Note 10.1.
- Reboot it in recovery mode by pressing on the Volume Up and Power buttons at the same time.
- Once the recovery mode is displayed you can begin the update operation.
- From recovery select “wipe data factory reset”.
- Then, select “install zip from sd card” and “choose zip from sd card”.
- Pick the update file which was downloaded before.
- Then, return to the main menu and select “Advanced” followed by “Wipe Dalvik cache” and by “Fix Permissions”.
- Also select “wipe cache partition”.
- Then, re-do the step number 8 and flash the New settings fix package on your tablet.
- In the end just select “+++go back+++”and “reboot system now”.
Well done guys, you have succeeded in installing the Resurrection Remix custom ROM firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. Now your tablet is running the customized and optimized Jelly Bean 4.1.2 OS with many and important features that cannot be found in the default version of the Android system. Do tell us how things worked for you or if there were issues while trying to complete the above mentioned steps.