The Hawkish ROM, which is extremely popular among Galaxy S I9000, S2 and even S3 users, is now available for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 handsets, so during the present tutorial we will be checking in how to install this Jelly Bean 4.1 based custom ROM on the mentioned phablet. I know that the Galaxy Note 2 is one of the most powerful Android based devices nowadays, but as you will see below, the Hawkish software comes with many features and capabilities that will customize and optimize your handset’s internal system, so that you will be able to receive even more power from your high end smartphone.
The update is being provided by those of xda-developers (the developer zohawkish is the one who had developed and tested the firmware for the Galaxy Note 2 so we have him to thanks) and as it is a custom ROM, the platform has nothing to do with Samsung. Furthermore, even if the Hawkish software is being based on the stock ZSALJA Android 4.1 Jelly Bean firmware, you will not get the default Android platform; your device will be updated with a custom ROM that has a custom interface and extra features that comes to improve the classic Android OS.
So, in order to conclude, once you flash this upgrade on your Note 2 you will be able to experience a new Android system, an improved one. Also, you will notice that many features, extra ones, are being installed and that the performances of your phablet were customized and optimized. Anyway, the best way from which you can make a proper idea about the Hawkish Jelly Bean 4.1 custom ROM is by taking a look over the image from below. I have listed there all the capabilities and features that will be added on your Galaxy Note 2. The list is long, but this is something that should make you decide to complete this step by step guide.
Now that we know what the Hawkish firmware is capable of, let’s talk about the pre requisites. Yes, some preparation tasks are being required, or else you will not be able to apply the below steps that will take you through the installation operation. For easing your work I have detailed the pre requisites during a list, so you can easily take a look over the same. Before that, just backup the data of your Note 2. A backup must be performed before any complex procedure and the present one implies the same. If you don’t know how to make a proper backup, use our search engine and apply our backup and restore tutorials.
- You must begin by rooting your Samsung Galaxy Note 2. A custom update can be installed only on a rooted system.
- The warranty will get void, therefore be careful in what you do and try not to mess things up.
- If you will need to, you can restore the warranty and reset the flash counter by downgrading to the stock ROM, or by updating with an official update when available. Then, the root access will be revoked and the bootloader relocked.
- Once the OS is rooted, install a custom recovery image on your Galaxy Note2. CWM recovery should be what you need. This tool will be used for the flashing procedure, so the Jelly Bean update cannot be applied without using CWM recovery.
- Remember to backup the data as a wipe of the system will have to be performed.
- You need to use a computer, the phablet and its USB cord.
- On the computer you will download the update file, so internet connection must be enabled.
- On the handset, enable the USB debugging option.
- On the computer and device deactivate the antivirus tools and the Firewall protection.
- If your smartphone has less than 50% battery power left, first go and charge its battery, or else it might get turned off in the middle of the operation.
- This tutorial is being suitable only for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, so don’t try to update other devices with this Hawkish Jelly Bean 4.1 software.
How to Update Galaxy Note 2 with Hawkish Jelly Bean 4.1 Custom ROM Firmware
- The first thing to do is to download the proper file.
- You can get the ROM file from here; save it to the computer.
- Then, use the Galaxy Note 2 USB cable and connect the phablet with the PC.
- Copy the downloaded file from the PC to your handset. Do not extract the file.
- Next, remove the USB cord.
- We are done with the computer.
- Turn off the device.
- And reboot to recovery mode menu.
- You can do this by pressing and holding the Volume Up, Home and the Power buttons together.
- The recovery menu will now be displayed on your Note 2.
- From there, you must first select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Then, return by selecting “+++go back+++”.
- Select “install zip from sd card” and “choose zip from sd card”.
- Take the update file which you have placed on your handset just a few minutes ago.
- Flash the same and wait as the process should take a couple of minutes.
- In the end, from recovery select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”.
Congratulations, your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is running the Hawkish Jelly Bean 4.1 custom ROM firmware. The update process is now over so you can safely use your phablet once more. Take your time and test the ROM, see how it performs and then return here and share your thoughts with us. Don’t forget to tell how the update operation worked, or if there were issues while trying to install the software on your Note 2. If so, we will try do come with the best solutions for you.
Warning: file_get_contents(https://plusone.google.com/u/0/_/+1/fastbutton?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.android.gs%2Fupdate-galaxy-note-2-hawkish-jelly-bean-4-1%2F): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 500 Internal Server Error in /home/android/public_html/wp-content/themes/v3/func.php on line 153