The European users of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 have received a new OTA update as the XXDME6 firmware has been rolled out. Since the software is available only in limited markets from Europe, the other users of the Note 2 N7100 will have to manually apply the OS (if they want to), the same being possible only by applying a manual update operation. Therefore, today I will show you how to manually flash the new stock Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXDME6 ROM on the Galaxy Note 2 model number N7100, so if interested, check the following lines.
As mentioned, Samsung rolled out the JB 4.1.2 XXDME6 OS in Europe, but since we are talking about an OTA launch, the firmware will be offered in phases, so not all the galaxy Note 2 users will receive the software at the same time. So, if you just can’t wait, use this guide and learn how to manually flash the stock and latest Android 4.1.2 ROM on your Note 2 N7100. This is a minor update though, as the platform comes only to resolve some bugs and issues that have been reported from the last version of the Jelly Bean system. So, XXDME6 will resolve the WiFi bug, will improve the data connectivity and will add some other minor improvements to you phablet.
Now, the countries where the XXDME6 OS is OTA available for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 are: Austria, Belgium, France, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Norway, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom; the Note 2 users who are outside the mentioned markets will not receive the update, but they will be able to manually apply the firmware by following and completing our step by step guide.
Since this is the stock ROM and not a beta or custom software, the update operation will be easy to complete. Actually applying the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXDME6 Firmware on your Galaxy Note 2 will only take a couple of minutes from your time. You should know that Odin will be used (a tool developed by Samsung and used especially for these types of tasks) so there aren’t complex and risky procedures to perform in order to prepare your phablet for the flashing operation that will follow, though you still have to take care of the pre requisites from below.
- You don’t need to have a rooted device for being able to apply this method; don’t worry if your phablet is rooted as the guide is also compatible with unlocked systems.
- In case you do have a rooted Note 2, after flashing the official update, the root access will be revoked. Don’t worry, we will bring a suitable root tutorial that can be applied on the XXDME6 OS soon, so stay close.
- In case your handset is currently running on a custom ROM, after installing the stock OS, the default Android Jelly Bean firmware will be re-installed; you will also restore the lost warranty back.
- Since Odin will be used, you don’t need to install a custom recovery image on your smartphone.
- A backup is still recommended as the data might get wiped out or corrupted. So, before starting the update operation, backup your Note 2 contacts, messages, call logs, market apps and everything else you might need.
- Note, if your device is installed with a custom recovery image, you can use the tool for backing up the EFS folder and the current ROM.
- A computer (Windows based), your Note and its USB cable will be required – ensure that there are no security tools enabled on both computer and smartphone.
- Check the battery status of your Note 2: if there is less than 60% power left, you should plug in the charger; you don’t want to brick your device – this will happen if it will get turned off in the middle of the update process.
- Enable the USB debugging option from your phablet and make sure that you are flashing the JB 4.1.2 XXDME6 OS only on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 model number N7100; this guide is compatible only with the mentioned phone.
How to Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to official JB 4.1.2 XXDME6 Firmware
- In order to make things right, before starting the proper update operation, on your computer install the Note 2 drivers – install them manually or by using Samsung KIES.
- Next, download and unzip the firmware file on your computer- the download link is here.
- Also, download and install Odin on your PC; then run the program.
- Boot your phablet in download mode.
- For succeeding with that, first turn off the device. Then reboot by pressing on Volume Down, Power and Home buttons.
- Connect your handset with the PC.
- Check Odin, as it might display: the “added” message and the ID:COM section that should be yellow or blue.
- If different 9if your smartphone isn’t recognized by the program) you need to unplug the USB cord, close Odin and re-install the drivers; then repeat the steps from above.
- Up next, from Odin select “PDA”.
- You can now pick / select the update file.
- On Odin the Re-partition box must be unchecked.
- Select “Start”.
- Wait while the installation procedure is running.
- When it’s over, reboot your handset and disconnect the same from the computer.
Now, if you notice that Odin is stuck (while trying to complete the steps from above) you need to: disconnect the phablet from the computer, close Odin, force-restart your Note, re-install the drivers and repeat the update steps from the beginning.
Also, if your device will get stuck in a boot loop, you will have to: reboot by pressing the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons – the recovery mode will be displayed; from there you will then have to choose “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”; finally you will have to select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now” and you are done.
Congratulations, your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 has been updated to official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXDME6 Firmware. Our work has been completed so we are done for today. Stay close for a suitable root method that will soon be developed by our team and use the comments area from below for sharing your thoughts with us.