Update Galaxy Note 2 LTE with unofficial ParanoidAndroid Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Custom ROM
If you want to try something new for your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105, then you should know that an unofficial version of the ParanoidAndroid custom ROM (which is being based on Android 4.2.2) has been made available by those of xda-developers. So, if you think that you might try this new platform, then you can anytime follow this guide and learn how to update the Galaxy Note 2 to latest Jelly Bean 4.2.2 OS by installing the ParanoidAndroid software into your phablet’s system. Of course, first do make sure that this upgrade is what you need (just check the next few lines), or else you will end up in regretting your decision of flashing the up-mentioned firmware.
This is an early built of the ParanoidAndroid custom ROM, so there might be some things that aren’t working properly (minor ones), or bugs, but don’t worry as the devs are currently working for removing the same. Also, you can safely get the software for a daily use, meaning that your Note 2 LTE will be running a smooth software. Furthermore, as usual, the Paranoid Android platform comes with important features and new capabilities that can be easily flashed on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
Because of that, by applying this step by step guide you will be able to customize and optimize the performances of your device, not to mention that the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS will be also installed. Of course you will get a custom Jelly Bean software as we are dealing with a custom ROM and not with an official update released by Samsung for your Galaxy Note 2 LTE. This means that the default Android 4.2.2 system will be replaced with a custom one; for restoring the stock ROM you will have to make a downgrade operation. Anyway, if you want to learn more about the unofficial release of the ParanoidAndroid firmware, you can anytime check our source page by using the link from here.
Now, in order to conclude the up mentioned lines, here is what you need to know before heading to the update operation: this is the unofficial and preview built of the ParanoidAndroid custom ROM, the firmware is being based on the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS, the software can be installed on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE model number N7105 and finally the OS improvement has been developed by those of xda-developers so we have them to thanks for this opportunity. Also, if you want to check the features list of the Paranoid Android OS, check our source page.
I will begin the flashing procedure by presenting the pre requisites list. These are the preparation tasks that must be completed before applying something on your phablet. Therefore, don’t skip this section as it is the most relevant one. The proper installation guide will soon be explained, so you are almost done.
- First of all, you need to root your Galaxy Note 2, or else you will not be able to update your handset with the ParanoidAndroid Jelly Bean 4.2.2 custom ROM.
- The warranty will get void, so be careful in what you do.
- If you will need the warranty back, perform a downgrade to stock firmware operation. Take note as by doing that the root access will be revoked and the bootloader relocked.
- Install a custom recovery image (preferable CWM recovery) on your device. This tool is extremely important for us so don’t skip this step. Also, the app can be installed only on a rooted system.
- Backup the Galaxy Note 2 data; also if possible do a Nandroid backup too. In this way you will be able to save all of your personal info, which is very important because a full wipe of the system will have to be performed (the contacts, call logs, EFS, market apps, text messages and everything else will be wiped out).
- Then, make sure that you can use a computer or notebook, as the update file must be first downloaded on the same.
- On both computer and handset first of all deactivate the security protection by uninstalling the antivirus programs.
- If your phablet has less than 60% power left, go and charge its battery; else it might get turned off in the middle of the update process.
- Enable the USB debugging option from your device.
- Remember that the below steps are being suitable only with the LTE version of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Completing this tutorial for a similar device will make you brick your smartphone / tablet.
How to Update Galaxy Note 2 LTE with unofficial ParanoidAndroid Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Custom ROM Firmware
- Download the update file from here, or from here.
- Download the Google Apps package from here; it is not included in the update.
- Save the files on your computer first.
- Then, by using the USB cable, connect the Note 2 with the PC.
- Select the downloaded files and place them on your handset.
- Unplug the USB cord.
- Turn off the Note 2 LTE and reboot into recovery mode.
- The recovery mode can be entered by pressing on the Volume UP, Power and Home buttons at the same time.
- First, by using the recovery mode select “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache”.
- Return to the main menu: “+++go back+++”.
- And by using the same menu select “install zip from sd card” followed by “choose zip from sd card”.
- Pick the update file and install the same; then do similar for applying the Google Apps package.
- When the files are installed, select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now” and you are done.
If somehow, in the end you will get a boot loop or some error messages, reboot into recovery mode again (like described before) and re-wipe the system (also by following the same steps as above). Also, the first boot might take a little bit longer than usual; don’t panic and don’t press anything, just let your handset do its work.
Well, that was all; your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE has been updated to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean as the ParanoidAndroid custom ROM firmware has been successfully installed. Test the software and share the possible bugs and issues with us and with other users by using the comments area from below. Also, stay close for further update and Android related tutorials, tips and tricks.