Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXDMB2 OS
The official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OTA update for the Indian users of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 has been released, so now you can easily install the latest Android OS on your phablet and enjoy the latest features and remove the previously reported bugs and issues. Being an OTA launch, not all the Galaxy Note 2 owners will receive the firmware on the same time, so there might be users who might want to manually flash the Jelly Bean XXDMB2 ROM on their devices. That’s why I will show you how to easily update your phablet with the mentioned software, which, as already mentioned, has been made available by Samsung in India.
The official Jelly bean 4.1.2 update is dubbed as XXDMB2 and can be OTA or by using KIES applied on the Galaxy Note 2 model number N7100 handsets. Therefore, by completing this step by step guide you will be able to flash the same firmware on any N7100 devices, but manually, meaning that you will have to perform some things by yourselves. Don’t worry though because the tutorial will be easy to complete, all being explained and detailed during the following lines. That being said, let’s get started; do read all my explanations or else you will risk in bricking your Note 2.
The most important aspect that must be noticed when applying official or stock updates is related to the warranty. As you know, each time you manually install ROMs on your smartphones, the warranty gets void; well, this will not happen in our case because the XXDMB2 firmware is not a custom or beta OS, it is the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean software. So, you will not lose your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 warranty. Furthermore, if your phone is running a custom ROM, now you will be able to restore the lost warranty and reset the flash counter (because of that, it is a good idea to bookmark this guide as who knows when you will need it).
Also, for completing this tutorial you don’t have to previously root the Galaxy Note 2. More, if you do have a rooted phablet, after installing the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXDMB2 system, the root access will be revoked. The same will happen to the bootloader which will be relocked and the factory restrictions, which will be reinstalled. So, if you will want to re-root the Note 2 you will have to use a new guide that is suitable with the new OS, or else the system will be damaged, or worst bricked. Now, before going to the proper steps, you need to take care of the essential pre requisites; just read and apply the next list of tasks.
- You need to have access to a Windows running computer where you will download the tool that will be used on the update process.
- The app is Odin, which is a complex program designed and used especially for updates processes, so you have nothing to worry about.
- Also, the Galaxy Note 2 and its USB cable must be near you.
- Now, it is recommended to backup the Note 2 data. By using Odin it is unlikely to lose your personal info, but it will be better to avoid the unpleasant situations; therefore take your time and save the contacts, messages, call logs, EFS and everything else you need to.
- On the computer you will use and on your phablet uninstall the security tools as these programs are usually interrupting the update process.
- Also, your device should have enough battery life for staying “alive” while the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 OS is being applied; so if there is less than 60% power left charge your Note 2.
- On your smartphone go to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging” and enable the USB debugging option.
- Remember that the XXDMB2 update can be flashed only on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 model number N7100; completing the next steps for a similar handset will brick the same.
How to Manually Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXDMB2 OS
- Download the update file from here.
- Save the firmware on your computer and extract the same on the desktop.
- On the same computer download and install Odin.
- Download and install Samsung Kies for getting the proper drivers for your device.
- Then, open Odin.
- Turn off the Galaxy Note 2 and reboot in download mode.
- The download mode can be entered by pressing and holding the Volume Down, OK and Power buttons at the same time.
- With the handset in download mode, connect the same with the computer via USB cord.
- Once you do that, on Odin the “added” messages should be displayed and the ID:COM section should be yellow.
- If not, try to reinstall the drivers and then repeat the steps from above.
- From Odin, select the “PDA” option.
- Pick the .tar file which was obtained before.
- Click on “start” and don’t make any other changes on Odin.
- The flashing process will now begin.
- In the end, on Odin the “pass” messages will be displayed.
- The phone will reboot, so you can safely remove the USB cable.
- If the first boot will take longer than usual, don’t panic, that’s normal; there is nothing wrong with your phablet.
Now, if you will get a boot loop, or if you can’t use the Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXDMB2 OS, do the following:
- Turn off the device, or reboot by pressing the Volume UP, OK and Power buttons at the same time.
- The recovery mode will be entered.
- By using the menu that will be displayed, select to perform a full wipe.
- Select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Then, select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now” and you are done.
So, that was all for today. Now, you know how to easily and manually update the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXDMB2 software. Do tell us how things worked for you by using the comments area from below and share the possible problems or issues with us or with other users. We will then try to assist you for removing or resolving the reported issues.