The Galaxy Note 2 is a really outstanding device with high end specs and features, being hard to find something bad about this handset. Anyway, even though the tablet is coming with the latest Android flavor and there shouldn’t be any reason for updating its system, there are custom ROMs available for your new Galaxy Note 2. Basically, by installing such firmware you can easily improve the performances as extra features and capabilities will be added on your phablet. That’s why today I will teach you how to update the Note 2 with the Jelly Bean based VeinDroid custom ROM firmware.
As usual, the update is being provided by those of xda-developers and according to them, the VeinDroid software is stable and will smoothly work on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2. If you want to learn more about this firmware, or if you want to see the full list of features that will be ported to your device, then you can anytime check the source page by heading here. If you decide to apply this Jelly Bean OS on your Note 2, you should read all the following lines as the handset will first have to be prepared for the installation procedure. The present step by step guide will take you through the whole operation so you have nothing to worry about.
Well, we will start the tutorial by detailing the preparation tasks. It’s extremely important to take care of the same or else you can even end up in briking your Galaxy Note2 and I know you don’t want that to happen. Remember that the VeinDroid update will work only for the phablet that has the model number as GT-N7100, so don’t apply the next list and steps for a similar device. We should get started, so check the list from below.
- Begin with a backup as the data from your Note 2 will be wiped out.
- If you want to complete a full and safe backup then, use our suitable how to guides (search through our how to section); you can find backup and restore tutorials for saving the text messages, the market apps, the current ROM, the EFS and basically everything else you need to.
- Up next, root the handset. The warranty will get void, so be careful in what you do and try not to mess things up. As a tip, you can restore the lost warranty by downgrading to the stock ROM, or by updating with an official OS released by Samsung.
- After gaining root access, install a custom recovery image (CWM recovery is the most popular one) on your tablet.
- Ensure that you can use a computer or notebook.
- On the Note and on the PC all the security programs, such as antivirus or malware tools, must be uninstalled or deactivated.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled on your phablet.
- The battery status should indicate more than 60% power left; if different charge it first.
- Remember that this is a risky operation and we shouldn’t be held responsible if you somehow brick your Note 2.
That was the pre requisites list. After completing the same you can safely head to the steps from below, which represents the last section, and the most relevant one, of this tutorial. Read all carefully and apply only what is being described in the steps.
How to Update Galaxy Note 2 with VeinDroid Jelly Bean Custom ROM
- On your computer or notebook go here and download the update file.
- You must copy this file on your Galaxy Note 2.
- The USB cord is being required for that as you have to connect the device with the computer.
- Now, copy the update to the handset’s internal SD card.
- Remove the USB cord and turn off the smartphone.
- Reboot in recovery mode: press and hold the Home, Volume Up, and Power buttons.
- Remember to do the backup as the wipe will follow.
- From recovery, select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Then, select “advance” followed by “Wipe Dalvik cache”.
- Return to the recovery menu by choosing “+++go back+++”.
- Select “install zip from sd card” and “choose zip from sd card”.
- Take the update file placed before on the SD card.
- Flash the same.
- Don’t do any other changes in recovery just wait for a couple of minutes until the installation ends.
- Then, select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”.
Finally, you are done. You have manage to update the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 model number GT-N7100 with the Jelly Bean based VeinDroid custom ROM firmware. You should give it a try and test if there are issues or bugs. Then, you can return here and share your impressions with us and with other users as well. For that you can use the comments area from below. Stay close or subscribe with us for receiving further guides and Android related news.