Update Galaxy Note N7000 with AOKP build 4 Jelly Bean Custom ROM
The AOKP team is working hardly for bringing new improvements to the current Jelly Bean firmware, as the build 4 version of the update has just been officially released. And that’s not all, as new handsets were added to the list of supported devices, the US Cellular Galaxy S3, HTC One XL and Asus EeePad Transformer users being the lucky ones. Anyway, in due course of the present tutorial, I will explain the how to method suitable for updating the Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 to the latest AOKP 4 Jelly Bean custom ROM firmware, all the info needed being mentioned below.
Furthermore, I will not explain only the basic steps from which you can learn how to flash the AOKP update on your Note, as first you have to notice and complete a few preparation tasks. Also, there are a few aspects that you must be aware of, because this operation is being considered risky and you must know all the facts (negative and positive ones) about the same. We will begin with something general about the AOKP platform, I will then present the improvements that come with the build 4 version of the update and finally we will talk about the pre requisites and I will detail the proper steps.
The AOKP software is being based on the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean system, meaning that it is including its main features. Furthermore, being a custom ROM, you will also get capabilities that cannot be found in the default version of the Android platform. All this are being developed in order to provide a complex update, which once installed on your Note, will be able to customize and optimize the performances of your device. So, the AOKP 4 firmware isn’t an official update released by Samsung for your Galaxy Note N7000 and it has nothing to do with the mentioned company, but since there is no word about an OTA upgrade, this should be the perfect opportunity for applying the Jelly Bean OS on your phablet.
The improvements that were added to the previous version of the AOKP ROM are being displayed during the following image. Take note that these are only some of the features which will be added into the system of your phone. Therefore, you should expect to receive a custom update, with looks different from the classic Android ones and with numerous capabilities developed by third party devs. Anyway, the list is here, so check the same.
Now, the first thing to do before performing any type of operation on and with your smartphone is the backup. By applying this tutorial and by installing the AOKP ROM on your Galaxy Note your data and personal saves will be wiped out. So, take your time and ensure that the backup is performed. If you are a newbie or if you don’t know how to do it, then you can take a look over the following lines as I have placed some backup and restore tips there. Also, there are other pre requisites that must be completed; go and apply the same.
- For being sure that everything will be fine, you can start by backing up the current ROM; in case something bad happens and you brick it, you can easily restore the stock firmware.
- Then, you can take care of the text messages, which can be saved by downloading SMS backup and restore apps for Android.
- Furthermore, there are free distributed tools available on Google Play for backing up the call logs, so don’t hesitate and use the same.
- The contacts list must be very important for you; just sync with your Gmail account and backup it.
- Use a computer or the handset SD card for saving any other files.
- You need to use a computer anyway and on the same you must deactivate the Firewall and antivirus protection (do the same for the phone if any security tools are running on your Note).
- Enable the USB debugging option from your handset: “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”.
- Ensure that the battery is charged.
- Don’t apply this tutorial on similar handsets with the Samsung Galaxy Note, model number N7000.
If you thought that was over, well it is not. For being able to flash the AOKP 4 ROM on your Note you will have to root the phablet first. For this you should check our “root Galaxy Note” section as you can find there suitable how to guides and info. Before you do that, you should know that once your gain root access the warranty will get void. Furthermore, if you will want to restore it, then you will have to downgrade to the stock ROM, or wait for the official update to be released by Samsung. So, be careful in what you do and try not to mess things up. As soon as you root the system, download a custom recovery image (like CWM recovery) for you smartphone.
How to Update Galaxy Note with AOKP build 4 Jelly Bean Custom ROM
- Download the update file from the link here.
- Save it to the computer.
- Connect the Note with the PC for placing the downloaded file to its SD card.
- For connecting use the USB cord and then select the update file and copy-paste it (or just drag) to your phone.
- Disconnect the device from the PC.
- Then, turn it off as it must be rebooted in recovery.
- For recovery press and hold the Volume Up button and Home key while pressing on the Power button.
- Now, you will be on the recovery menu.
- From there select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Return to the main menu of recovery and select “install zip from sd card” and “choose zip from sd card”.
- Pick the AOKP update file and install it.
- Don’t make any other changes.
- When the process is over, select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”.
That was the how to method from which you could learn what’s the best way for flashing the latest AOKP build 4 custom ROM firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 and update to Jelly Bean OS. For any other questions or for sharing the possible problems and issues don’t hesitate and use the comments area from below or just contact us.