Update Galaxy Note N7000 to Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXLT5 Firmware
As you know, the stock OS for the Galaxy Note N7000 is the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXLT4 firmware; well actually that was the stock OS as Samsung just rolled out a new OTA improvement for the Note users. Therefore, now, the latest official update available for the phablet is the XXLT5 software, which is still an Android 4.1.2 based system. Anyhow, as we have used you, during a suitable step by step guide, we will be checking on how to manually install the JB 4.1.2 XXLT5 ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note.
Now, according to those who have recently flashed the XXLT4 OS, apparently there are some issues with the Video Player along with some other minor bugs, so if you want to resolve the same, you should apply the new XXLT5 software. As already stated, the current ROM is official and comes only to improve the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 system that is already running on your Galaxy Note, so we are dealing only with a minor software update. So don’t expect to receive new features or apps as you will be disappointed.
The firmware has been OTA released, so you can anytime flash the same on your Note. But if you haven’t received the notification until now, or if your device is rooted and you need a manual method to use, then this step by step guide will be perfect for you. By using this tutorial you can learn how to easily apply an official OS on your Galaxy Note and this without having to perform complex and risky tasks.
The best is that completing this guide doesn’t imply in losing the warranty. You are about to flash the stock Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXLT5 Firmware so your Note will be in safe hands. Furthermore, this tutorial can be performed even if you have a rooted smartphone as Odin will be used on the flashing operation. Actually, if your phablet has been previous rooted, now the root access will be revoked (of course the warranty will also be restored) and the default version of the Android 4.1.2 software will be re-installed on your Galaxy Note.
In order to succeed with this method you will have to ensure that you can use a Windows running computer, your smartphone and its USB cable. On the computer you will download the update file and you will install Odin; then you will use the mentioned app for installing the firmware on your Galaxy Note. Furthermore, in order to avoid the unpleasant situations you also have to: deactivate the security setting and programs from your computer and from the phablet; charge the battery of your device or else it might get turned off while you are trying to flash the XXLT5 OS; enable the USB debugging option on your handset by going to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”.
It is more than recommended to backup your data before going any further. Even though you will apply the official update on your Note, a wipe might be required which means that you can lose all of your personal saves and info. So, before starting to complete the steps from below, complete a fill backup and save the EFS folder, contacts list, call logs, market apps and everything else you might have to use afterwards. If possible, it will also be indicated to save the current ROM by applying a Nandroid backup.
Final note: this step by step guide must be used only by those who own the Samsung Galaxy Note model number N7000. The steps from below are compatible only for the mentioned phablet so don’t use the same if you want to install the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXLT5 ROM on a different or similar device; you can end up in bricking your handset.
How to Update Galaxy Note N7000 to Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXLT5 Firmware
- First of all the Galaxy Note drivers should be installed on your computer. You can get the same via Samsung KIES.
- If the drivers are already installed you can skip the first step.
- Then, on your computer download and install the latest version of Odin.
- Also, get the update file by using the link from here. Extract the firmware file on your PC.
- Open Odin on the PC.
- Turn off the Note.
- Reboot by pressing on the Power, Volume Down and Menu buttons at the same time; in this way you will boot into download mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via USB cord.
- On Odin now the ID:COM section should be yellow or blue and the “added” message should be displayed.
- If not try to reinstall the drivers on the computer; then repeat the steps from above.
- From Odin select the option dubbed as “PDA”.
- Select the firmware file from the computer.
- On Odin the Re-partition box should be unchecked.
- Click on “Start”.
- Wait while the update is being applied.
- In the end, unplug the USB cable and reboot your phablet.
- Note: if Odin gets stuck you have to close it, unplug the USB cable, force restart your Note, reinstall the drivers on the PC and repeat the steps from the beginning.
- Note 2: also, if in the end your handset gets stuck in a boot loop you have to reboot it into recovery mode (press and hold Volume Up, Menu and Power buttons together) and by using the recovery mode menu select: “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”; then reboot your Note and enjoy the new Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXLT5 Firmware.
Congratulations, you have learned how to update the Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 to official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXLT5 OS. If you don’t like the new software, of if there are still bugs and issues included in the system, share your thoughts with us by using the comments area from below. Also, stay close as we will bring a root method suitable with the new XXLT5 ROM soon.