Update Galaxy Note N7000 with Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXLTA Firmware
A new Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update has been OTA released for the Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 devices, the firmware bringing stability improvements along with other bug fixes for resolving the battery drain issues and the heating problems. If you haven’t received the official JB 4.1.2 software until now, or if your phablet is rooted, then during the following guidelines I will show you how to manually update your Note N7000 with latest XXLTA official Android 4.1.2 OS.
As mentioned the new XXLTA update isn’t coming with important features, apps or improvements. The ROM is coming to resolve some issues and bugs from the previous versions of the JB 4.1.2 platform. Anyway, the firmware is stable and comes without bugs, so the best will be to flash the same on your Galaxy Note.
Also, as stated before, the XXLTA Android 4.1.2 firmware has been OTA released by Samsung for the Galaxy Note model number N7000 phablets. So, the update can be anytime applied by the locked devices. On the other hand, if your smartphone is rooted, you will have to follow this guide for manually installing the official software on your handset. As you know, OTA releases can be received or installed only on locked devices, not on rooted ones.
Anyhow, don’t worry as this tutorial will work on both rooted and unrooted Galaxy Note. But in case you have a rooted phone, after applying the steps from below, the root access will be revoked – because you are flashing the stock Android OS that will bring back the factory and default restrictions. Also, the bootloader of your phablet will be relocked.
Therefore, now you will be able to restore the warranty of your handset – if it has been previously voided – as your smartphone will be brought into its initial state (of course with an update version of Android OS). Because of that this guide can be used anytime you want to downgrade to stock Jelly Bean firmware, or when trying to fix problems occurred while installing custom ROMs.
For being able to complete this tutorial a windows running computer will have to be used. Your computer must be powered by Windows because Odin must be downloaded and installed on the same (Odin can run only on Windows based computers). Then, since this is a manual update operation, on your computer there shouldn’t be installed security tools; if different before going any further deactivate the security protection. From path “settings -> applications -> development” enable the USB debugging option on your Galaxy Note.
Even though your data should be in safe hands, after all you are applying an official firmware, for being sure that nothing bad happens, the best will be to backup the Note data. Start with the contacts, messages, call logs, internet settings and end with market apps and personal info and accounts. The backup is optional but strongly recommended, so do not skip this step.
Finally, do note that the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXLTA firmware has been official released by Samsung only for the Galaxy Note N7000. This means that the guide from here is suitable only with the mentioned device. If using the next steps for a similar or different phablet, you will risk in bricking your Android based handset.
How to manually Update Galaxy Note N7000 with Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXLTA Firmware
- As mentioned, on your computer download Odin.
- Unzip the file and install the same.
- Then, download Samsung KIES and install Galaxy Note drivers on your computer if the drivers aren’t flashed on your PC.
- Download the update file from here; unzip the file on desktop.
- Run Odin on your PC.
- Turn off your Note and then reboot in download mode.
- For download mode press and hold power, volume down and home buttons at the same time.
- Connect your phablet with the computer (where Odin must be running) via USB cable.
- Once the connection established, Odin will try to recognize your handset.
- If everything is working well, on Odin you will see the “added” message displayed and the ID:COM section turned yellow or blue.
- If not, you will have to close Odin, unplug the USB cord, reinstall the drivers and repeat the steps from above.
- Now, from Odin you need to select “PDA”.
- Then, you need to pick the JB 4.1.2 firmware file from desktop.
- Don’t make any other changes on Odin.
- Click on “start”.
- And wait while the flashing operation is running.
- You will be done when the “pass” message will be displayed and when the ID:COM section will turn green.
- Then, you will be able to remove the USB cable and reboot your Galaxy Note.
- Note: if your phone gets stuck in a boot loop, reboot in recovery and select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Note 2: if Odin gets stuck, close the program, disconnect the devices, force restart your smartphone, reinstall the drivers on the PC and repeat the update process.
Congratulations; you have managed to install the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS – XXLTA release – on your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000. Good job; if you want something different instead, use our “update Samsung Galaxy Note” section and learn how to install a custom ROM firmware on your device. Anyhow, use the comments area from below for sharing your thoughts with our team. If there are problems, we will try to assist you as soon as possible.