Update Galaxy Note N7000 with Liquid Smooth RC3 Custom ROM
The Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 users can now update their phablet to the latest custom ROM available, the Liquid Smooth RC3 firmware. The OS update has just been released and it’s available for other Android powered handsets too, so maybe you will want to check the full list from here. Now, the method from which you can learn how to install the Liquid Smooth RC3 ROM on your Galaxy Note is not hard to complete, as there are only few steps to take care of. Anyway, further aspects and details are being described below.
The Liquid Smooth RC3 update can be compared with the stock ROM of your Note, the difference being made by the improved speed. By flashing this software, you will be able to gain more speed and improve the performances, as the system will be optimized and customized with new features and capabilities. There will be features imported from the CM10 platform and from other beta ROMs, so you have all the reasons for completing this step by step guide. Don’t forget though that you are dealing with a complex operation which is being considered risky, so make sure you are reading all the lines from this tutorial.
Now, as mentioned, there will be dedicated features added, so that you can receive more speeds from your smartphone. But, for being able to make a proper idea and opinion about the same, you should first take a look over the image from below. I have displayed there the main features included into the Liquid Smooth RC3 system. In this way you can decide whether to install or not the ROM on the Galaxy Note. Furthermore, there are numerous custom firmware available for your phablet, so maybe it will be a good idea to search for the same through our how to section.
As this is a custom ROM, the update isn’t coming from Samsung it’s developed by third party devs, you must be careful while trying to apply it on your phone. Also, you must know that once you start the steps, the data which is being stored on the internal storage memory, will be wiped out. Therefore, I recommend you to perform a backup first. You have nothing to worry about, as I have mentioned some backup and restore tips in the next list. You can then resume the rest of the guide.
- If a custom recovery image is running on your Note, you can use it for saving the current ROM; in case something wrong happens, you can easily restore it.
- Then, you can backup and restore the text messages as soon as you download and install suitable apps from Google Play.
- The same must be performed for saving the call logs.
- For the contacts, all you need to do is to learn how to sync with your Gmail account.
- Also, you might need to backup the Internet settings or the EFS folder.
- Finally, you can save other files like the images or videos by using a computer or a SD card.
After backing up the data, you must take care of more complex operations. The first to start with is the root one. Unfortunately, you will not be able to install the Liquid Smooth RC3 update on your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 unless the phablet is already rooted. You must be aware as the warranty will get void once you complete the mentioned operation. You can restore the warranty by downgrading to the stock ROM or by updating with an official firmware released by Samsung and suitable with your Note. Next, you will have to flash a custom recovery image, like CWM recovery, on your Android powered device.
The recovery image will be used for the wiping and for the flashing process which will be explained and detailed during the steps from the proper tutorial. But until then, you must ensure that you have access to a Windows running computer and to the smartphone USB cord. On the PC and on the Note there shouldn’t be any security programs running, so if different deactivate them before proceeding to the next section of this step by step guide. Furthermore, on your Note you should enable the USB debugging option by going to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”. Next, make sure that there is at least 70% battery power left on your phone, if not charge the battery.
Do not apply this tutorial unless you own the Samsung Galaxy Note, model number N7000. If you are not sure on the version number, go to “Settings -> About phone” and check for the same. If you try to install the Liquid Smooth RC3 custom ROM on an unsupported device, you will risk in bricking it.
How to Update Galaxy Note N7000 with Liquid Smooth RC3 Custom ROM
- Download the update file and the Google Apps package as it is not included in the update.
- Download link for the update is here.
- Download link for Google Apps is here.
- Save the files to your computer.
- Connect the Galaxy Note with the PC by using its USB cable.
- Select the downloaded files and copy-paste them to the device SD card.
- Remove the USB cord.
- Turn off the handset and reboot it in recovery mode.
- For that you should press and hold the Volume Up button and the Home key button while powering on the phone.
- Once entered in recovery, you should navigate through “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- When the wipe is over, select “+++go back+++”.
- Up next, select “install zip from sd card” and “choose zip from sd card”.
- Pick the update file and install it and then do the same for applying the Google Apps package.
- Don’t make any other changes in recovery.
- When the installation procedure is over, just select “+++go back+++” followed by “reboot system now”.
So, that was the whole deal; that wasn’t hard wasn’t it? Anyway, now you know how to update your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 with the latest custom ROM available, the Liquid Smooth RC3 firmware. If something wasn’t working as it should share the issues with us so that we can help you through. Also, if you have questions related to the Android concept, feel free and share the same with us by using the comments area from below.