Update Galaxy Note N7000 with RocketROM 4.1 Jelly Bean Custom ROM
As the official Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy Note has been leaked, now more and more Android 4.1 based custom ROMs firmware are being developed and offered for your device. The latest software provided by those of xda-developers is RocketROM v2 and during the present tutorial we will be checking in how to install the same on your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 phablet. The update is a stable one (only minor bugs are being reported by the users who had already flashed the ROM) and will smoothly work on your device so let’s get started with the proper procedure.
If you decide to install the Jelly Bean based RocketROM, then all the Android 4.1 features will be flashed and updated on your Galaxy Note. Furthermore your smartphone will receive some extra features too, the firmware being developed by third party devs meaning that you will get a custom software and not a stock, or default one. As mentioned, there are some bugs and issues on this ROM, the Samsung keyboard and Face Unlock features being the only things that aren’t working until now. Don’t worry though, as the problems will be resolved as soon as a new version of the RocketROM platform will be released for your Note N7000.
If you prefer the stock and leaked OS instead of this custom ROM, then I recommend you to use our previous step by step guide and learn how to update the Samsung Galaxy Note to official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXLSA, or why not just wait for the OTA update to be provided by Samsung. But if you do decide that the Jelly Bean based RocketROM is what you need for your phablet, then you should resume the next lines and apply the pre requisites because first of all you will have to prepare your phone for the installation procedure that will follow. I have mentioned the pre requisites during the following list, so don’t skip this section as it is the most relevant one.
- This is a custom ROM and not an official Jelly Bean update released by Samsung for your Note N7000. By completing this guide you will void the warranty of your device.
- Considering the above aspect, you must first backup the Galaxy Note data. You should start by saving the contacts, messages, call logs, EFS and end with the current ROM. In this way, if something wrong will happen you can easily restore and use the stock ROM again. Also, a wipe will be required so the backup is not an option for you.
- After taking care of your personal info it’s time to complete more complex operations. The first to start with is the root one. You must root your Note if you want to update it with the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean powered RocketROM firmware. The ROM needs to access some internal files from your phablet and the only way for enabling that is by rooting the system.
- Again, the warranty will get void so be careful in what you do. The only way available for restoring the warranty is by downgrading or installing the stock Android OS.
- A custom recovery image must be installed on your Note as this tool will be used for the flashing operation. So download CWM recovery for your handset. Take note that this app will work only on a rooted system.
- For being able to perform this tutorial you must have access to a Windows running computer.
- On your computer and on your smartphone there shouldn’t be installed any security programs so before starting the proper step by step guide uninstall or deactivate the antivirus and Firewall protection.
- Also, charge the battery of your device if there is less than 60% power left.
- Apply the next steps only if you own the Samsung Galaxy Note N7000. The Jelly Bean based RocketROM v2 will work only for the mentioned device; if you try to update another handset with the same software you will risk in bricking your smartphone / tablet.
How to Update Galaxy Note N7000 with RocketROM Jelly Bean Custom ROM firmware
- Download the custom ROM firmware from here.
- Download the Keyboard fix package from here in order to remove the above explained bug.
- Save the files on your computer first.
- Then, connect the device with the PC and copy the files to your phone’s SD card.
- Unplug the USB cord and turn off the handset.
- You must reboot it in recovery mode, from where you will install the update and the bug-fix package.
- For recovery mode press and hold down the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons together.
- Now, from the menu that will be displayed first of all choose: “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Return to the main menu: “+++go back+++”.
- And then select “install zip from sd card” and “choose zip from sd card”.
- Pick the update file first and install the same.
- Then, do similar for flashing the Keyboard fix package.
- The installation procedure will take a couple of minutes.
- In the end select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now” and you are done.
That was all; you now know which is the easiest way that can be applied if you want to update your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 with the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean based RocketROM custom ROM firmware. Run the software and then return here and share your impressions with us and with other users. Also, check our daily posts as we will bring more suitable guides for your Note during the next few days.