Samsung release the Galaxy Pocket 2, dubbed as Neo Duos S5312 this year, unveiling a new mid-range, budget friendly Jelly Bean based smartphone. Since the device is running on low performances, any update is more than welcomed. A new firmware has been OTA released and rolled out by Samsung for the Galaxy Pocket Neo Duos in Vietnam, the software being dubbed as DXAMH1. Unfortunately the DXAMH1 is still a 4.1.2 version of Android Jelly Bean so don’t expect to receive important features or capabilities. Anyway, the OS is coming with stability improvements, so if you want to install the new JB 4.1.2 DXAMH1 Rom on your Galaxy Pocket Neo Duos S5312 use the guidelines from below.
This guide will show you how to manually flash the stock firmware on your smartphone, which means that the tutorial is suitable for those who: have a rooted Galaxy Pocket 2, haven’t received the OTA firmware or the notifications, who are having the S5312 model of the Pocket Neo Duos outside Vietnam or for anybody who needs to manually apply the DXAMH1 Android 4.1.2 system on their phones. Don’t worry as this step by step guide is official; there won’t be used complex or risky tools or procedures.
We are dealing with an official update which means that on the manual installation procedure Odin must be used – since we are talking about a Samsung branded handset. Because of that for flashing the JB 4.1.2 firmware you don’t have to root your Galaxy Pocket Duos, or install a custom recovery image on your phone. Furthermore, by applying the guidelines from below you will not void the warranty of your device. Also, if you are on a rooted system or on a custom ROM, now you will be able to revoke the root access, reinstall the stock Android Jelly Bean OS and restore the warranty back.
This tutorial will work for both rooted and unrooted Samsung Galaxy Pocket Neo Duos handsets as long as a Windows based computer is available – Odin can be installed and used only on Windows based devices. Of course your phone and its USB cable must be near you while on your computer there shouldn’t be installed any security or antivirus programs – these tools might interfere with the update process, or worst it can interrupt the same.
A backup is recommended though as you can never be too sure when it comes to your personal data and accounts. So, for avoiding the unpleasant situations first save all the data that is there on the internal storage memory of your Galaxy Pocket 2. Use suitable backup and restore tools and try to save all the important data that might be important for you, such as contacts list, messages, call logs, or market apps. Then return here and learn how to manually install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean DXAMH1 OS.
Before starting the steps from below, on your phone go to “Settings -> Applications -> Development” and enable the USB debugging mode. Also, make sure that your handset has more than 60% power left; if not you will have to charge your device – if it gets turned off in the middle of the update operation you will risk in bricking your Android based device. Remember that this step by step guide is compatible only with the Samsung Galaxy Pocket Neo Duos model number S5312, so use this guide for applying the official DXAMH1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware only if you have the mentioned smartphone.
How to Update Galaxy Pocket Neo Duos S5312 with DXAMH1 Official JB 4.1.2 Firmware
- On your Windows based computer install the Neo Duos drivers. If you don’t have the drivers use Samsung KIES and flash the same through the program.
- Then, on your computer download Odin.
- Unzip the downloaded program and then install the same.
- Finally run Odin on the computer.
- Up next, download the update file from here.
- Unzip the firmware on desktop.
- Now, turn off your handset.
- Reboot in download mode: press and hold volume down, power and home buttons at the same time.
- Connect your phone with the computer.
- Take a look on Odin; the program should recognize your device: ID:COM should be now yellow or blue and the “added” message should also be displayed.
- If not, you will have to unplug the USB cable, close Odin, reinstall the drivers and repeat the update process from the beginning.
- If your Pocket 2 has been recognized, from Odin choose the “PDA” option.
- Then pick the firmware file.
- The re-partition and f.reset time options should be unchecked.
- Don’t make any other changes, just click on “start”.
- Wait a few minutes while the JB 4.1.2 update will be flashed on your Pocket Neo Duos.
- When the “pass” message will be displayed you will be able to unplug the USB cable and reboot your smartphone.
- After rebooting if a boot loop is what you get, you need to: reboot in recovery and select “wipe data factory reset” followed by “wipe cache partition”. Reboot once more as everything should be fine now.
- Also, if during the update process from above, Odin gets stuck, you need to: close the program, disconnect the phone from computer, force restart your handset, reinstall the drivers on the computer and repeat the installation procedure once more.
Good, you have successfully completed our step by step guide. Now, go to “settings -> about phone” and check to see if the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean DXAMH1 firmware has been installed on your Samsung Galaxy Pocket Neo Duos S5312 or not. In the end, share your experience with us by using the comments field from below.