Update Galaxy S 2 GT I9100 with Pure Look S3 Custom ROM Firmware
The Samsung Galaxy S 2 is maybe one of the most popular smartphone among users worldwide so many developers are trying to bring something new and exciting for them. That’s why maybe there are so many OS updates available for the S 2 handsets, though not all of the firmwares are actually working as it should. Anyway, thanks to those of xda-developers, we managed to leak another custom ROM, named Pure Look S3, so during the following I will be teaching you how to flash the same for updating your Galaxy S 2 GT I9100 device.
The Pure Look S3 Custom ROM Firmware is bringing important features for your Galaxy S 2, ones that are not included in the default version of the Android platform. Furthermore, being a custom ROM, the firmware will optimize the system and will provide more speed and an improved Android experience. The battery life will also be upgraded, more power being saved. The internal system will be unchained by the factory restrictions, so you will be able to install any apps you wish to. The OS will be opened for changes and the classic interface will be replaced by a more appealing one. Below, I have listed the most relevant features which will come once you will install the ROM on your phone.
Also if you want to see how the new interface will look like on your Samsung Galaxy S 2, I have displayed a screen capture of the same. There are more themes available and personalization possibilities, so what you see below is only one part of what you will get. But, it should be enough for making a background view of this new update.
In order to apply the Pure Look S3 software, you will need to have a rooted Galaxy S 2 GT I9100 smartphone. This platform isn’t coming straight from Samsung and has nothing to do with the already mentioned company. This means that the warranty will be void. Don’t worry as you can restore it by downgrading, re-locking the bootloader or by updating with the stock Android ROM. But, that will not be necessary, as nothing is better than a custom ROM. Also, by doing this operation you will be able to use your phone on its true performances; to conclude, the S 2 will be your new playground.
Before starting, you should somehow protect you phone. Or, better said, the data stored on its internal storage memory. A backup procedure is what you need to do; this can be done easily and fast as there are numerous apps available for saving text messages, call logs, calendar info, market apps, videos, images, contacts and so on. You can even save the current ROM if you are using a custom recovery image, so you have nothing to worry about. All you need to do is to search for backup guides through our site and follow the steps from there.
Then, you will have to complete the next tasks. In this way you will be able to prepare the phone and the computer for the next section of this guide, which is the installation procedure. So, you must take care of the list:
- Make sure you have a rooted device.
- Also, apply the steps from this tutorial only if you own a Samsung Galaxy S 2 model number I9100 and not I9100G as you can brick the phone.
- Enable USB debugging. You can do this by taking your handset and heading to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”.
- Deactivate the Firewall or any other protection from your smartphone and from your computer as these programs are interrupting the update process.
- Charge the battery of your phone before starting.
With that you can finally go and begin the proper tutorial. Be careful in what you do and follow my directions. Don’t try to flash the ROM by yourselves. Here is what you need to do:
How to Update Galaxy S 2 GT I9100 with Pure Look S3 Custom ROM Firmware
- Download the update file from here and save the same on your PC.
- Then you need to copy the file from the computer to the phone’s SD card.
- For that, connect the S 2 with the PC via USB cord.
- Disconnect the smartphone and remove the USB cable.
- Reboot and enter in recovery mode.
- The recovery mode can be reached by holding on the Volume Up button and on the Home key button (the middle button) while powering on.
- Once in recovery mode, choose to perform a wipe: “wipe cache partition” and “wipe data factory reset”.
- Then, just select “install zip from sd card” followed by “choose zip from sd card” and pick the update file you have downloaded before.
- In the end, select “reboot system now” and that’s it.
The Galaxy S 2 GT I9100 should now be updated with the Pure Look S3 Custom ROM Firmware. Test the software and share your impressions with us. Also, tell us if you have any other questions and we will try to bring suitable guides in order to resolve the issues. Stay close for more step by step guides as we are updating you with new tutorials daily.