Manually Update Samsung Galaxy S Advance with Official DDLD4 2.3.6 Gingerbread Firmware
After we have brought you the how to procedure in which you could update the Galaxy S Advance with the XXLD1 firmware, now you can perform a similar operation by applying the new DDLD4 software on your phone. The firmware has been officially released by Samsung for its Galaxy S Advance users from India (don’t worry as you can get the update for any devices which have model number I9070) and during the following we will be checking in how to manually install the same.
Take note that this will not bring the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich platform on your handset, the DDLD4 update being just the official 2.3.6 Gingerbread. Being the official release of the software you can OTA (Over the Air) receive it, but only if you are an Indian customer; else you must flash it manually. That’s why you must follow this tutorial, as if you don’t know exactly what and how to do it, you can brick your Advance.
The best part is that applying the DDLD4 2.3.6 Gingerbread update on your Samsung Galaxy S Advance will not make you void the warranty; furthermore you don’t need to have a rooted device in order to succeed, so all you have to do is to follow the steps from below. This is happening only because we are dealing with an official version of the firmware, so you have nothing to worry about. Anyway, you should have the Clockworkmod Recovery custom recovery image pre-installed because you will have to make a backup and also use the app when flashing the update.
Yes, I have mentioned an update. Well, as usual, it’s recommended to save your data before making changes into your phone’s system. Also, it’s true that for being able to update the Galaxy S Advance you will have to make a full wipe first. So, if you have important info stored in your smartphone, go and backup them. Thanks to the numerous apps available on Google Play, the backup process has become an intuitive operation; you just have to install some tools and wait until your data is being saved. Also, restoring the info is more than easy. But, for making things faster, you can follow our guides from the list:
- The contacts can be saved easily if you sync with your Google account.
- Then, the text messages can be backed up quickly by installing the backup and restore apps presented here.
- Also, the Call Log info can be stored by using a few tools. Just follow our how to guide.
- For other files, like images and videos, we recommend you to use a computer or the smartphone’s SD card.
- Don’t forget that it’s important to backup your current ROM too. This is very helpful when you manage to brick or damage the system. So, read and complete our tutorial (click on the link from above).
Other important aspects that you must consider are the Pre Requisites; without completing these preparation tasks you will not be able to update the Galaxy S Advance with the official DDLD4 2.3.6 Gingerbread Firmware.
- In order to make it through the process, your phone must have at least 70% power left. If different charge its battery first.
- The antivirus tools installed on your computer or on the handset might interfere with our work. So, just deactivate them until we are done.
- Enable USB debugging from your smartphone. You can do this easily by going to: “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”.
Well, that is all; with the preparations of course, as you must concentrate on the next section of this step by step guide, which is the actual installation procedure. Follow my directions and don’t try to do something without consulting the lines from below.
How to Manually Update Galaxy S Advance with Official DDLD4 2.3.6 Gingerbread Firmware
- The first thing you must take care in is the file you will have to use. So, you should download the update package from here and save it to your computer.
- Then, download Odin. We will use this app for installing the software on your phone.
- Open Odin.
- Plug the USB cord on the computer, not the handset.
- Then, reboot the phone and enter in download mode: press and hold Volume down Key and Center button while you power on the device. When entered in download mode connect the smartphone with the USB cord.
- On Odin, the ID : COM option should be yellow.
- On the Odin widow select PDA and pick the file you downloaded before.
- Then click on “Start” to begin.
- In the end the handset should reboot on its own. You can disconnect it from the computer.
- You can check if the software is installed by going to “Applications -> Settings -> About Phone”.
Congratulations, your Samsung Galaxy S Advance is now running the official DDLD4 2.3.6 Gingerbread Firmware. So, updating your phone wasn’t such a hard operation to complete after all. Anyway, stay close, as from now on we are expecting more spectacular updates to be made available for your Advance and we will bring suitable how to guides, just for making your job easier. Stay tuned and share your thoughts or possible issues with us.