Update Galaxy S I9000 with AOKP and CM10 based C-RoM Mix v6.0 Custom ROM
There are so many custom ROMs available for your Samsung Galaxy S handset that it’s extremely hard to choose one in particular. All the custom updates are being complex ones with important features and capabilities, though not all the platforms are stable ones. Anyway, leaving this aside, you should know that a new firmware has been made available and this time you will actually be pleasant surprised. Therefore, I will be showing you in how to install the new AOKP and CM10 based C-RoM Mix v6.0 Custom ROM firmware on your Galaxy S I9000 device.
The C-RoM Mix is now on its 6.0 version, those of xda-developers managing to develop a more stable and smooth variant of the well-known OS improvement. Furthermore, the present update is mixing the CM10 and the AOKP platform for providing the best Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 experience for all the Samsung Galaxy S users. By flashing this software on your phone you will be able to install CM10 and AOKP features along with extra ones that will power up the performances of your handset. Also, Jelly Bean 4.1.2 will be added, so you have all the reasons for completing this step by step guide.
But before proceeding to the proper guide, you should first make sure that you are taking the best decision. For that check our update Galaxy S I9000 section and take a look over the tutorials explained there. Also, check our source page from here for learning more about the CM10 and AOKP powered C-RoM Mix v6.0 custom ROM. Remember that the present upgrade will bring the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 OS to your Galaxy S, meaning that you will be able to explore the latest Android flavor on your own smartphone.
Now, the next thing to do is to complete the pre requisites. I have mentioned the same during the next list; you should not skip this part as this is the most relevant section of the present step by step guide. Without performing these processes you will not be able to safely update the Samsung Galaxy S I9000 with the CM10 and AOKP based C-RoM Mix v6.0, so let’s get started.
- Backup the data of your phone by searching through our how to section for backup and restore tutorials.
- Backup the current ROM as if somehow goes wrong you can easily restore the stock one.
- Backup EFS and everything else you need to.
- Then, you can safely root the Galaxy S. A custom ROM can be installed only on a rooted system, so go and perform the same. Be aware as the warranty will get void; for restoring the warranty you will have to downgrade to the stock ROM and reset the flash counter, or update with an official software released by Samsung for your S I9000.
- After rooting install a custom recovery image (CWM recovery for example) on your smartphone; we will use this tool for applying the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 C-RoM Mix firmware, so it’s extremely important to complete this step.
- Now, on the computer you will use and on your phone deactivate all the security tools; these programs are usually interfering with the update process and we don’t want that to happen.
- Next, enable the USB debugging option on your handset by going to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”.
- Charge the battery of your device or else it might get turned off in the middle of the procedure.
- Make sure you are applying the next steps only for updating the Samsung Galaxy S, model number I9000 and not for any other similar device as you can end up in bricking your Android based handset.
Well, you are now ready for the proper steps. Be aware as this is being considered a risky operation and we shouldn’t be held responsible if the same isn’t working for your phone. Pay attention and try not to mess things up.
How to Update Galaxy S I9000 with AOKP and CM10 based C-RoM Mix v6.0 Custom ROM Firmware
- Get the update file by using the download link from here.
- Save the update on your computer.
- Connect the phone with your PC via its USB cord.
- Now select the downloaded file and copy-paste it to the handset’s SD card.
- Remove the USB cable and disconnect the device from the computer.
- Reboot in recovery mode.
- For that press and hold the Volume Up button, the Home key and the Power button at the same time.
- The recovery mode menu will be displayed.
- From there first select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Then, return to the main menu by selecting “+++go back+++”.
- Up next from the same recovery select “install zip from sd card” and “choose zip from sd card”.
- Take the update file you have placed before on the SD card.
- Install and when the process ends select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”.
So, there you have it; that was the easiest way that can be used for learning how to update the Samsung Galaxy S I9000 with the CM10 and AOKP powered C-RoM Mix v6.0 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 custom ROM firmware. You can now start testing the new OS and then return here for sharing your impressions with us. Don’t forget to subscribe for receiving further tutorials, tips and the latest Android related news.