How to Update Galaxy S GT I9000 with Gamerz ROM v10
A custom ROM is a powerful tool which usually is being developed for bringing extra features and improvements for your handsets. That’s exactly what the latest Gamerz ROM (version 10) will do once it will be installed on your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000, so as you can tell, in today’s guide we will be checking in how to install this new firmware on your Android powered device. The procedure will be similar with the other ones we explained here on Android.gs, so you are in good hands.
There are so many custom ROMs, or beta software, available for your Galaxy S so you might wonder which one is the best? Well, each firmware is coming with its own features and enhancements and it’s really hard to say which one to choose. The best it will be to take a look and see them all, in this way you will be able to make a background view and to decide which of the ROMs are more suitable for your needs. We have several software presented in our previous step by step guides, just check them out.
Now, the Gamerz ROM v10 will be coming with some bug fixes and improvements, which will improve the performances of your Galaxy S GT I9000. The battery life will be upgraded, the looks will be changed, you will get more speed and the system will be optimized and customized. But these things are being performed by almost all the ROMs out there. Therefore, below you have the Gamerz ROM change log, where you can study all the features included in the system.
Take note that once you start to flash the Gamerz ROM v10 on your Galaxy S GT I9000 the Samsung warranty will get void. This is happening because you must previously root the device. Gaining root access is actually unlocking the phone’s system, so the warranty will be lost. In case if something bad happens you will be on your own. The only way in which you can regain the warranty is by reverting to the old OS and by locking the bootloader. Installing a custom ROM can be a tricky operation, but if you follow a step by step guide like this one you have nothing to worry about.
As usual, you must first backup the data from your smartphone. As you will see a full wipe will be required, meaning that all of your personal info will be deleted. The only way in which you can avoid this is by performing a backup. In the following list you have some tips for completing the same:
- Use a computer or the SD card for saving files such as images or videos.
- Download SMS backup and restore apps.
- Download Call log and restore.
- Save contacts by syncing with Google.
- It will be a good idea to backup the current ROM too. In this case if you damage the system during the installation process, you will be able to restore the old OS. This can be done with the Clockworkmod recovery tool, but more details can be found in our previous tutorials.
Next, we will be checking in how to prepare the phone and the computer for the flashing operation. Make sure you read the following because else you can wreck your handset.
- Apply the Gamerz ROM v10 only if you have an unlocked network Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 that runs the XWJW4 Firmware; remember that the phone must be also rooted.
- This tutorial is suitable only for the Galaxy S GT I9000 smartphone, don’t use it for similar devices.
- The device must have the USB debugging option enabled (“Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”) so it can be connected to the PC.
- Charge the smartphone (minimum 70% power left).
- Uninstall Firewall tools from the computer and from the Galaxy S. These programs are interfering with the process.
Only after completing the above list you can go and start applying the ROM. Make sure you have done it all as explained.
How to Update the Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 with Gamerz ROM v10 custom ROM firmware
- First of all you need to procure the needed file. So, download the Gamerz ROM tool from here and save it on your computer.
- Then, connect the phone with the PC by using its USB cord.
- Now, select the file downloaded in step 1 and copy-paste it to the phone’s SD card. Remember where you place it as you will have to pick it a little bit later.
- Disconnect the handset from the PC.
- Turn it off.
- Reboot and enter in recovery mode.
- Recovery mode can be entered by holding down the Volume Up Key and the OK button while pressing on the Power On one.
- In the recovery mode menu select to make a full wipe of the system: ““Wipe data/factory reset” and “Wipe Cache partition”.
- Then, you must pick the file copied in step 3. For doing that you should choose “install zip from sd card” and “choose zip from sd card”.
- The process will begin and it will take somewhere around 10 minutes.
- After that, go back to the recovery home screen and select “reboot system now”.
Your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 is now running the Gamerz ROM v10 custom ROM firmware. So, what do you say, do you like it? If not, you can anytime go and flash other ROM into the phone’s system. Share your thoughts or questions with us and we will try to make things clear.