Update Galaxy S2 with Biftor ROM and Fix the Bugs from Stock JB 4.1.2 OS
If your Galaxy S2 I9100 is on stock / official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS and you are not satisfied by the firmware, then you can choose to improve the Android experience and remove / resolve the reported bugs by installing the new Biftor custom ROM software. The firmware is based on stock JB 4.1.2 XXLSJ OS and comes with stock and extra Jelly Bean features, apps and capabilities that will optimize, customize and power up the performances of your Samsung Galaxy S2.
The Biftor ROM is stable and comes without bugs and issues, as the firmware will smoothly run on your Galaxy S2. The best is that the software is powered by the official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 OS and there are minor changes applied on the interface and looks, so you will be enjoying the same Android firmware, similar with the official release. Of course there have been added some new features for improving the system and for providing more power, speeds and an upgraded battery life, but all these are good news for the Galaxy S2 I9100 owners.
If you want to learn how to flash the Biftor ROM, then use this step by step guide which will easily guide you through the installation procedure. The tutorial can be easily completed, though you should be careful when applying the next lines: the operation is complex and risky – don’t worry, because nothing bad will happen if you will follow and apply the guidelines from below.
The warranty of your smartphone will still be voided and this because you will have to root your S2 first. You cannot install a custom ROM on an Android based device without rooting, so take care of this task before going any further. Even though the warranty will get void while doing the same, don’t worry as the root access comes with numerous benefits: you can access the internal system for improving the performances and the battery life, you can customize and optimize the OS, you can add new apps and remove in-built programs and so on. Furthermore, the best is that you can anytime restore the warranty by downgrading to stock Android Jelly Bean firmware.
Up next, install a custom recovery image, like CWM recovery on your handset. You cannot update the Galaxy S2 to stable Biftor custom ROM without replacing the stock recovery with a custom one, so ensure to apply this step before taking care of the pre-requisites from the following list.
- Backup your data, starting with the text messages and contacts list and ending with the EFS folder and current ROM – of course don’t forget about the call logs, market apps, calendar info, personal accounts and data. The system of your device will be wiped, meaning that everything that’s stored on the same will be erased.
- A computer will have to be used, so on the same uninstall or deactivate the antivirus and antimalware programs. Also, deactivate any other security protection, or else you might have problems while trying to update your Samsung Galaxy S2 with the stable and Jelly Bean 4.1.2 based Biftor custom ROM software.
- Go to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging” and enable the last option – the USB debugging one.
- If your phone has less than 60% power left charge its battery; else skip this step and head to the flashing operation.
The Biftor ROM has been developed and released for the Galaxy S2 model number I9100 by those of xda-developers so we have them to thanks for the present step by step guide. Now, complete this tutorial only if owning the mentioned smartphone because the firmware is being compatible only with the same – else you will probably end up in bricking your Android Jelly Bean based device.
How to Update Galaxy S2 with Biftor ROM and Fix the Bugs from Stock JB 4.1.2 Firmware
- Use the link from here and download the update file.
- Save the package on your computer.
- Place the file on desktop and don’t unzip the same.
- Connect your smartphone with the computer by using its official USB cable.
- Transfer the update file from desktop to your phone’s SD card (copy-paste or drag and drop the update file).
- Disconnect the devices and turn off your phone.
- Wait a few seconds and then reboot by pressing on Volume Up, Home and Power buttons at the same time.
- You will be on the recovery mode menu.
- From there you need to select “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache”.
- Return and from the main menu select “install zip from SD card” and “choose zip from SD card”.
- Select the update package and start the installation procedure.
- When done, from recovery select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”.
- If there were any kind of problems, try to resolve the same by using our dedicated step by step guide.
Congratulations, you have installed the new Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Biftor custom ROM firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100. The software is stable, fast and based on stock Android OS; therefore test the same and see how your phone performs while running the new ROM. If you have saved the previous OS, if you don’t like the Biftor software, you can return to recovery and reapply the previous system.